Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vtext messages: Severe Delay
Lara608

I use email to text using @VTEXT.com.  I use it to send daily weather forecasts to forest firefighters.  As of late, I send the email to text in the morning and my firefighters are getting the text hours later, in the evening.  It does go through Gmail but Gmail says it's been sent.  Any reason why it's become so difficult?

0 Likes
Re: Vtext messages: Severe Delay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good afternoon Lara608 I'm sorry you are having difficulties sending text using emails. Any other apps having issues? Are you a current Verizon Wireless customer? -Joe

0 Likes
Re: Vtext messages: Severe Delay
jav6

@Lara608 wrote:

I use email to text using @VTEXT.com.  I use it to send daily weather forecasts to forest firefighters.  As of late, I send the email to text in the morning and my firefighters are getting the text hours later, in the evening.  It does go through Gmail but Gmail says it's been sent.  Any reason why it's become so difficult?

There are numerous other threads regarding email-to-text from Google Mail to Verizon Wireless numbers.  The VZW gateways/servers seem to throttle the traffic when they see excessive traffic from Gmail.  Apparently the 'excessive' traffic does not have to be coming from a specific source as users have confirmed they are not sending many emails (to text).  Other email services (Yahoo, Comcast, etc) do NOT have this issue of being throttled.  There has not been any further VZW tech support explanation/resolution on this issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes