Was Integrated Calling Disabled so that Verizon could establish 5G?
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I don't expect a Real Answer from Verizon in regards to this question (cause anything regarding 5G is Super Secret); but I'll ask it any way.  Both Verizon and AT&T are in a brutal race to be the 1st Carrier to establish a 5G Network...Verizon originally stated that Integrated Calling was disabled due to a technical issue  with the network.  Was Integrated Calling Disabled so that Verizon could establish their 5G Network?

Who Will Win The U.S. 5G Race?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Was Integrated Calling Disabled so that Verizon could establish 5G?
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

From what I can see on the link you posted; a 5G Network is definitely the wave of the future.  I was very impressed with the limitless possibilities of this new network.  But your site still didn't answer my question: " Was Integrated Calling disabled so that Verizon could establish their 5G Network?"

If my suspicions are correct, I believe the disabling of Integrated Calling is Related to your quest to establish a 5G network.  With that being said, I don't believe Integrated Calling will be enabled anytime soon.  I believe your primary focus will be to get your 5G Network up and running before AT&T.  Your next focus will probably be on the promotion of your new Moto-Z 5G Compatible Phone (see link below).  Then your next focus will probably be on promoting 5G Network Streaming Bundle Packages for Fios..Etc.  Enabling Integrated Calling is probably last on your list (if it's even on the list to begin with).  I don't believe Integrated Calling will be enabled anytime in the near future.....Am I Correct?

https://www.cnet.com/news/moto-z3-phone-sells-at-verizon-aug-16-with-5g-to-come-no-force-in-2018/

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

What is integrated calling? Verizon 5G build out will primarily be with fixed wireless and will be using mm wave spectrum which has nothing to do with phone service

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Integrated Calling (also known as HD Voice Calling) is a feature of The Verizon Message Plus App which allows mobile devices such as Tablets and Smartwatches to connect to the Verizon Mobile Network to transfer data.  Integrated Calling also allows these mobile devices to use the subcriber's main Verizon number to make and receive phone calls on these same mobile devices; as a Stand Alone Device (without being attached to a phone).  For more information on Integrated Calling See attached Link Below.  Integrated Calling uses the Verizon Wireless Network, therefore it has relationship to the New 5G Network.  If what you're saying is true about Integrated Calling not being related to the 5G Network, then why hasn't a Verizon Rep. come forward to substantiate your theory?..

Integrated Calling on Message Plus App stopped Working

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Never heard of it called that. Anyway has nothing to do with 5G

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jog0277, we want to make sure all of your questions are answered.  What specifically is happening when you attempt to use Integrated Calling? The 5G Network does not cause Integrated Calling or Messaging to be disabled.

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

You are misunderstanding the question...Integrated Calling was a feature disabled by "YOU" (Verizon) in April of 2018.  Verizon stated that this feature was disabled to resolve a technical issue, but they never gave any details on what the supposed technical issue was, nor did they give a date on when they would make the feature available again.  So now I'm asking "YOU" (Verizon) , if the disabling of Integrated Calling has anything to do with your establishment of your 5G Network?  For further Info, click on link below.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

JOG0277 wrote:

You are misunderstanding the question...Integrated Calling was a feature disabled by "YOU" (Verizon) in April of 2018. Verizon stated that this feature was disabled to resolve a technical issue, but they never gave any details on what the supposed technical issue was, nor did they give a date on when they would make the feature available again. So now I'm asking "YOU" (Verizon) , if the disabling of Integrated Calling has anything to do with your establishment of your 5G Network? For further Info, click on link below.

HD calling still exists. And it has nothing to do with 5G.I'm not sure why you think what one has to do with the other.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOG0277, I apologize for not addressing this Integrated Calling concern properly the first time. At this time we have no public information we can provide you regarding the technical issue or when the feature will come back through a future update. I myself used the feature on my iPad when it was available so I get the level of curiosity surrounding Integrated Calling.

We are looking to make domestic calling available for tablet devices at some point in the future. 5G will not be replacing our 4G LTE network anytime soon and we cannot confirm if the creation of 5G actually has anything to do with this existing limitation. To be honest, the answers you are seeking are not currently known or documented to any Verizon Wireless representative, regardless of support channel. This is simply all the information we have to share. Please sign up at the link below for any future updates regarding our latest products and services. http://spr.ly/6589DvfDz

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Please READ Response #9 from Verizon Wireless Customer Support....Thanx!     

0 Likes