Re: Weird characters for contacts in Verizon Messaging app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LORPEC98, let's get to the bottom of this. Do the contacts show without the special characters in your phones contacts? Are you able to Edit and remove the characters?

MahrizaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
FishermanInPenfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I'm noticing a trend where Verizon Support throws out questions about the issue and then never follows up. Let me explain it very simply.... the only app having a problem is Verizon Messaging.  Contacts are fine, other SMS apps are fine. Everything is fine except for your app. I ran debug versions of Verizon Messaging (debug version provided when I emailed support), submitted debug logs, and no one ever contacted me back. I've responded to Verizon support questions and no follow up. If Verizon support is actually interested in asking questions and following up, or responding to my debug log submissions, you can look up my Verizon phone number and give me a call. Otherwise please stop asking questions that make it look like you are interested in fixing the issue.

As I found with most issues like this the solution will usually come from another Verizon customer who figured out how to fix the problem. That is why I posted the issue here.

RealtorJeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Couldn't agree more

0 Likes
FishermanInPenfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

Based on another post that may be describing the same issue I think the font for the characters is indic.

Maybe this can help find a resolution

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the steps you have taken, RealtorJeff. I would like to clarify some information. I understand you said your wife also has the same Motorola G4 as you do. The Motorola G4 is not a Verizon Wireless device. While the device can work on the network, we cannot guarantee it will be fully functional with our applications.

AndreaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

FishermanInPenfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess we will continue to get responses from Verizon Support that add no value to resolving the problem.

Your messaging app is not distributed on Verizon phones. It is in the Google App Store and therefore available to any Verizon customer. The description of the app does not say it is only supported on Verizon phones. If that is the policy clarify.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to get to the bottom of what is happening. Can you describe for me exactly what happens? Can you provide screenshots?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
FishermanInPenfield
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you actually read the original post with screen shots? I'm not sure how you are attempting to help since your not even looking at the original post.

0 Likes
alanstarr
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can add me to the list as well - weird characters on my Motorola G4 after the latest update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate you reaching out regarding the trouble with these strange characters appearing on the Moto G4 device while using Verizon Messages. I have raised up your concern to my team that works closely with Motorola and Google after updates to ensure we can research this concern. Looking back at everyone’s description of this occurring after the update to 7.0 with the non-Verizon Moto G4, I encourage you to reach out to Motorola directly at https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/landing_troubleshooter/g_id/5059 for further assistance. 

JenniferH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes