What do the 5 digits mean in the to or from on text messaging?
ashes2ashes
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm looking at my text messages on my verizon, usage, and there is a to call to my number but the from isn't a regular number. It's some zeros and then a 5 digit number. How do I tell who that 5 digit number is from?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What do the 5 digits mean in the to or from on text messaging?
budone
Legend

ashes2ashes wrote:

I'm looking at my text messages on my verizon, usage, and there is a to call to my number but the from isn't a regular number. It's some zeros and then a 5 digit number. How do I tell who that 5 digit number is from?

Those are 'shortcodes' for a text you have subscribed to. Here is a partial list of codes.

Short Codes

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

ashes2ashes wrote:

Those are 'shortcodes' for a text you have subscribed to. Here is a partial list of codes.

Short Codes

0 Likes
ashes2ashes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you so much!!! Now off to get rid of it!

0 Likes
tinaoregon

When I click on the list of short codes, the window says "Can't find server".

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tunaoregon, we can help get this all figured out for you./ Are you getting multiple texts with their number being only 5 digits? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes