What does it mean to clear data or cache?
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I select clear data what does it do? what about clear cache? Do I lose messages or anything? Also, what does it mean to "uninstall update"? Does it take me back to an old version of the app or just a previous one?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What does it mean to clear data or cache?
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

And one more question: What does it mean to "Delete my account"? I only use Message+ on my phone so I'm not trying to sync data. Just wondering if any of these options will help with the difficulties sending/receiving texts I've had recently...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

These are great questions, DD88893 and I’m happy to help you today. We want to be sure that you are clear on what clearing the cache, uninstalling updates and deleting your account will affect your services.  Clearing the cache on the app will remove stored information. This information is not essential to the app functioning and you will not lose any messages. Uninstalling the update will, as you described, allow you to use the previous version of the app. Can you please clarify what account you were advised to delete? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

DD88893 wrote:

Just wondering if any of these options will help with the difficulties sending/receiving texts I've had recently...

Do you have the latest update?  Version 6.4.1111 was released 3/24/17

Re: Verizon Messages - v.6.4.9

0 Likes
K832DC

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

These are great questions, DD88893 and I’m happy to help you today. We want to be sure that you are clear on what clearing the cache, uninstalling updates and deleting your account will affect your services.  Clearing the cache on the app will remove stored information. This information is not essential to the app functioning and you will not lose any messages. Uninstalling the update will, as you described, allow you to use the previous version of the app. Can you please clarify what account you were advised to delete? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.SteveR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

This response does not address "clear data".  Please explain what is impacted by clear data.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes