What happened to Message+?
gobledk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have downloaded the Message+ on my Windows 10 pc, and it goes in a constant loop sending a text with security code to my iPhone, then rejecting it when I enter it on the PC. What is going on - is it no longer a valid app? If so, needs to be removed from the Microsoft Store, and Verizon needs to remove the links to download from its website. 

0 Likes
Re: What happened to Message+?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets roll up our sleeves and get to work on this issue for you, gobledk. Have you tried to go into your Messages + and de authorize all the current computers and then try installing on the Window 10 computer first. Try this and keep me posted.

Here is where those can be found 

Go to My Device, the Send or Manage Messages

Click the three vertical bars on the top right of the screen near "Compose New Message"

Then click Settings...and on the left menu is Manage Devices.

-David

0 Likes
gobledk
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only authorization is for my iPhone. It is in there twice - once for messaging, once for phone. I was successful removing the messaging, but the phone gets an error. I did try again to install Message+ on computer, and got the same "Invalid pin" message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details gobledk. Does it show the version number for the Message+ app that you are using on your computer by chance?

-Candice

0 Likes
gobledk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Win10 Message+ v1.0.17.0 is the name of the download file. I am unable to download anything newer from Microsoft Store.

0 Likes
gobledk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update -- I managed to download Verizon Messages, but it doesn't even send a text.

0 Likes
gobledk
Enthusiast - Level 2

What a mess -- now my phone is trying to get me to scan a QR code to connect on my phone? Craziness. 

0 Likes
gobledk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very well, due to lack of response, I have come to the conclusion that there is no fixing this issue. The VerizonMessages app's reviews (1.4 / 5) in Microsoft Store reflect the same disdain and disappointment with the product that I have expressed. Verizon needs to address these issues and make the app usable again.

0 Likes
ChuckRoast
Enthusiast - Level 2

You would think the Verizon people or bots here would know that Messages+ for Windows was discontinued a couple of months ago.  Verizon said if you had it installed, you could continue to use it.  Very kind of them.  Read a little here:  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/ 

V1, which you tried, (and mostly worked for me) was killed off.  V2 and V3 were total disasters.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@gobledk wrote:

Win10 Message+ v1.0.17.0 is the name of the download file. I am unable to download anything newer from Microsoft Store.

The old M+ v1.0.17.0 and 2.0.2.0 have been disabled by Verizon in their servers.  The new v3.0.1 was also removed from the Microsoft Store and no longer supported for fixes or updates.  If it was installed it will still work.  Verizon recommends using the web access of M+ at https://web.vma.verizon.com on a Windows machine.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...