What is going on with Verizon Messenger for PC? Has Not Worked in a week now?
kvlove0722
Enthusiast - Level 2

About a week ago it stopped working on all my connected devices and has not work since? Until this happened I have had it on all my PC's and tablets without any issues at all. Not it just loads and loads and loads and never works.

I tried it on all of my devices to make sure it was not just my laptop and it is no longer working on any devices. Someone needs to open a ticket. I am wondering if some type of update came through on windows and caused it to stop working. Its very odd.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled it on every device but I am still getting the same thing, it just looks like it is loading but never finished. No longer able to use this app at all. Help please?

Labels (1)
Re: What is going on with Verizon Messenger for PC? Has Not Worked in a week now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kvlove0722,

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues using Verizon Messages on your devices. Making sure you're able to stay connected and send and receive messages via Verizon Messages is definitely very important. To get started on finding a resolution please allow me to ask a couple of questions. Is your tablet software and computer software up to date? Have you tried resetting the actual app through your tablet settings? To clarify, do you use this app on your phone as well? If so, what is the make and model of your phone?

LauraF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: What is going on with Verizon Messenger for PC? Has Not Worked in a week now?
kvlove0722
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I was using messenger on all my phones, tablets and my PCs which all have windows 10 installed on them. Everything is working find except my PCs.

Here are the windows updates that have come though since this whole problem started.

updates since it stopped working.jpg

As I stated earlier i have been using messenger on all my PC flawlessly never had any issues for about 2 years. Then I estimate it stopped working about the 2nd or 3rd week of Sept. It has to be a windows update since everything else is working.Phones and tablets are fine.

But I cant just delete a security update from my windows. There has to be a way around this. And if this is being caused by a Windows update why isn't everyone with windows having this same issue? Or are they and they just have not reported it? Help

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

From it stopping “on all of your connected devices” to now  working on everything except the PCs, I recognize the long struggle it’s been. As is typical when software doesn’t work on a computer we recommend uninstalling then reinstalling Verizon Messages - Windows®. Let us know your results:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BIGRIGTOM

This is still a problem ... apparently....

Has anyone found an adequate replacement service/App for Messenger+

I really liked it until it got jazzed up and now Verizon does not seem to be interested in FIXING it.

Time to move on.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

No

0 Likes