What is the point of unlimited messages if it imessage sends everything as data?
RyanC1350

I'm sick of my family not being able to text people once data limits are reached! So annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is the point of unlimited messages if it imessage sends everything as data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to take advantage of your unlimited messaging, RyanC1350.  We would like to apologize for the confusion regarding your messaging. Imessages is an Apple feature that requires data to send and receive messages. Regular text messages to non iphone users would use your unlimited texting from your Verizon plan. To ensure you are using your unlimited text messaging and not your data for all messages, you can turn off imessages. Here are the steps, Settings > Messages > Imessage > off.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What is the point of unlimited messages if it imessage sends everything as data?
PoUrSynce
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turn off imessaging in settings. This will send texts as SMS and they will be free

0 Likes
RyanC1350

Yeah and then when people send something with imessage I don't receive them.  This is a band aid to the problem.  Verizon advertises unlimited text messages and knows that a large portion of their customers buy iphones from them. It's really poor business to sell someone an iphone, tell them they have unlimited messaging, and then tell them not to use the message features of the phone they just sold you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to take advantage of your unlimited messaging, RyanC1350.  We would like to apologize for the confusion regarding your messaging. Imessages is an Apple feature that requires data to send and receive messages. Regular text messages to non iphone users would use your unlimited texting from your Verizon plan. To ensure you are using your unlimited text messaging and not your data for all messages, you can turn off imessages. Here are the steps, Settings > Messages > Imessage > off.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The reasons is because iMessages is a Apple thing that routes through their server over a data connection. Apple has been upfront since they introduced this roughly 3 years ago.

0 Likes
RyanC1350

Still not cool...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Then you need to bring that up with Apple sadly. They are using their own proprietary protocol and encryption.

0 Likes