What's going on?
bolla67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I had an issue yesterday after my phone did a system update. I was getting duplicate text messages after I'd send them. I tried logging in to the Verizon website, but I wound up getting blocked. When I took all the steps to reset my password, I still continued to have an issue accessing chat or logging back in.

The website wouldn't let me access live chat. It kept saying I was past due even though I'm not. I kept getting a message that I had to verify my identity w/a temp pin each time I'd log in. Even though I had done it twice, when I called for support, not only did I have to provide my personal pin in the automated process, I had to provide it again when I spoke to the CS person. I asked if this is a new thing when I spoke to the woman, but she dodged the question. I asked her about the live chat feature also and she really didn't provide much help with that either.

So I'd like to know if contacting CS/Tech Support requires providing a personal PIN each time and does live chat no longer exist?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What's going on?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model phone do you have and what software version were you upgraded to?  There have been numerous past discussions on the issue of requiring a pin for verification when logging in but if I remember correctly, there was no resolution.  How are you accessing the website, via My Verizon app or a browser (which one)?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
bolla67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I have an LG V30, update was VS99620b. I never had to give a personal PIN when I've contacted tech support or customer svc. I guess it's been a while and this is something they've implemented since the last time I contacted them? I'm trying to access the website via IE, Chrome, and Edge. No matter which one I use, I can't access the Live Chat. When I had reset my password, I used IE and Edge and I was asked to verify my identity twice after I'd already done the "send a PIN" process. I used to be able to access Live Chat w/o issue in the past, but ever since my computer got hacked, it doesn't seem to work any longer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern. 

JenniferL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes