When Will Verizon Messages Get 2.0.1.0 For Windows?
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

When will this app receive some attention? It appears you are at least working on the  android app with the 6.4.5 update. But the windows app has not received any updates re: sending as chat problem.

My wife has an old school flip phone which she loves. She also has an android tab with 6.4.5 message + installed. I also have a flip phone and the windows app 2.0.1.0 installed on my PC.  Until all the updates with this [Removed] everything worked fine.

With the most recent updates if sent from the PC or tablet the text will not be received by our phones because the app is not sending as a sms message! It will only be delivered to the PC or tablet.

While I am no software designer would it really be that difficult to have a settings check box to send as sms/mms ONLY? It seems this would help everyone across ALL platforms.

While we do not have expensive smart phones we feel we should at least be able to receive the services we have in the past.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messages ver 2.0.1.0 for windows
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wanted to let windows users know the app has been updated. It has the option to disable chat in advanced options and it does work!

ver is 2.0.2.0

View solution in original post

0 Likes
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well on my own I found the setting in the android app 6.4.5 to TURN OFF CHAT. I'm sure many here are not aware of the setting. Its at the bottom of the settings under the advanced tab. There is a check box to use chat it was enabled by default. I unchecked the box and my wife's tablet will now send to my dumb aka flip phone.

NOW if only Verizon could find a way to update the windows 2.0.1.0 app to allow the same setting I could send to my wife as SMS and not chat.

Anyway back to my original question will the windows app ever get some update attention? AND ENABLE ME TO TURN OFF CHAT IN THAT APP?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zrxdave, I am glad that you were able to find the setting that allows your wife to send messages from her tablet and is able to be received on your phone. We are always looking on ways to improve our products and services. I do recommend sending feedback via that application that goes directly to the developers.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

TionnaB_VZW

Feedback sent to developers of windows app.

But......................................... please urge Verizon to somehow let all users know of this setting in the android app. It would really make your job easier. There are many confused and upset customers not receiving or able to have other contacts receive their text.

Thanks for your response

0 Likes
zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wanted to let windows users know the app has been updated. It has the option to disable chat in advanced options and it does work!

ver is 2.0.2.0

0 Likes