Where are old text saved?
whatever123ABC

On the Message+ app, where are the files saved. Which folder?

I got a new phone and want to move old texts from old to new phone. When I turned on the message+ app on the new phone only the last 90 days
worth of message came through. The rest are saved on the phone? I can see past 90 days on the old phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where are old text saved?
deloused
Master - Level 3

The Verizon Messages + app will save messages for syncing for up to 90 days, older messages can be viewed on the device that sent/received them

0 Likes
whatever123ABC

Yes, I understand that only 90 days worth are kept online, as I stated in my original post.

My question is Where are the old text stored? Which file, which folder? Can I access that location and move them to the new phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

whatever123ABC Many of us rely on the ability to store text messages. Let's discuss this further. The messages disappear after they are no longer stored on the Verizon Messages app. We hope this information helps.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
whatever123ABC

Maybe I not making myself clear.

On the old phone I have the message+ app. On this phone I can see messages from 2 years ago.

On the new phone I turned on the message+ app and there are only messages from 90 days ago, which I understand, because Verizon on stores message "online" for 90 days.

What I would like to know is where on the OLD phone are there OLD messages saved. Is which folder? It which file?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

An option is to use a text backup and restore app from your phone's app store.  For example, if you have an Android:

SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important old messages can be and we do want to ensure that you can transfer them, whatever123ABC. The option provided by tikibar1 is a great way to transfer your SMS from one device to another. Another alternative is to use Verizon Cloud / Content Transfer app to transfer the data from one device to another: http://vz.to/2sEjMnX.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
marcolio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, you're seriously the worst sometimes.

whatever123ABC, I know it's been years since you posted your question. It's probably the only reason you created your account. I too had this question and found the Verizon response lazy and less then useless (no one wants verizon cloud). I made this account just to post my response in hopes it helps the next poor soul who runs up against the same issue.

Saving messages in message+ is not hard it's just not obvious. By default SMS messages get backed up to the VZMessages folder. Instead, I'd recommend saving it to the Downloads folder or somewhere else. Tap the conversation to select it (or multiple), and hit the download button. From the download screen you can click the caret icon in the top right (optional step 1, shown below) to navigate up the directory hierarchy and select something like Downloads or Documents (step 2). Finally give it a name and click save (step 3). From there the Files app or one of the common file storage apps can pick it up and save it or email it or whatever you like.

Obviously if there's an update in the future these steps may be slightly different. Good look y'all.

smsSaveSteps.png

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes