Where can I download Message + for Win 10?
Note10_user
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is no longer in the MS app store or on the Verizon site, that I can find. Where can I get a copy of the install file?

Thanks!

61 Replies
2subdue

https://web.vma.vzw.com/

The Windows Desktop app is no longer available, yet there is a web viewer. So far, I've had no issue using the latest Edge browser.

I hope this helps anyone else with this question.

0 Likes
TSM693

I can text from the web viewer but cant recieve texts?

'

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@TSM693 wrote:

I can text from the web viewer but cant recieve texts?

'

Are you logged in to the same account profile as the phone number you want to receive texts to?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

jav6, how can I keep all Message+ devices in sync? (a) The browser version on Verizon website, (b) the Windows desktop version, and (c) the Android app? I need to refer to previous messages from devices that were not used to send. Mostly sent messages don't sync. I usually can see received messages on multiple devices. But it results in seeing only one side of a conversation. Frustrating!

Question is for jav6 ONLY. Please ignore, vzw customer support.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Syd-Lexic wrote:

jav6, how can I keep all Message+ devices in sync? (a) The browser version on Verizon website, (b) the Windows desktop version, and (c) the Android app? I need to refer to previous messages from devices that were not used to send. Mostly sent messages don't sync. I usually can see received messages on multiple devices. But it results in seeing only one side of a conversation. Frustrating!

Question is for jav6 ONLY. Please ignore, vzw customer support.

That's been the issue with Message+. It's up to the server talking with the different device apps, to keep them in sync with it's messages database and it just doesn't work consistently. The only thing you can try is the 'sync' option if your device or it's app has it 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out today. We certainly want you to be able to access Verizon's Message + feature. We visited Microsoft's Windows website (For apps) and we discovered that Verizon Message +  desktop app is not available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 10. We apologize. For more information about Verizon Message +, please visit our website at http://spr.ly/6604yV35O. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
bpshay
Enthusiast - Level 1

All I can say is pretty stunning that Verizon can't seem to develop a Win-10 app for their messaging platform.  The web version is lousy. I have the old v.1.x running on another Win-10 machine but it won't work on my new one. Come on VZ - you can do better than this. Being "Sorry" isn't cutting it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our goal to  do everything we can to resolve this ASAP.  We are currently working on a resolution for this issue and truly appreciate all your patience.  Outside of  this, are there other issues that we  can assist you with at this time?  We still want to do everything we can to help.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

It's our goal to  do everything we can to resolve this ASAP.  We are currently working on a resolution for this issue and truly appreciate all your patience.  Outside of  this, are there other issues that we  can assist you with at this time?  We still want to do everything we can to help.

What you can do regarding this issue is, let us know who the 'we' is/are that 'are currently working on a resolution for this issue' and have them keep/inform us as to ANY progress or status.  It obviously cannot be @vzw_customer_support agents.

DirtyMrKleen

"What you can do regarding this issue is, let us know who the 'we' is/are that 'are currently working on a resolution for this issue' and have them keep/inform us as to ANY progress or status.  It obviously cannot be @vzw_customer_support agents."

YES, PLEASE DO TELL US WHO IS WORKING ON THIS ISSUE.  And please have them provide an update.

"We" have been waiting a Very Long Time for this fix.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@bpshay wrote:

All I can say is pretty stunning that Verizon can't seem to develop a Win-10 app for their messaging platform.  The web version is lousy. I have the old v.1.x running on another Win-10 machine but it won't work on my new one. Come on VZ - you can do better than this. Being "Sorry" isn't cutting it.

Have you tried the v2.0.2.0 as posted in other threads?

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Verizon-Messenger-for-Windows-10/m-p/1156415#M3432... with download link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/93hv9ezphu4iqjm/Message%20Plus%20Windows%2010.zip?dl=0 

0 Likes
BeachBCs
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jav6 

Thank you so much for the dropbox link!  When I received the notice from Verizon that after the end of September I would no longer be able to use the app, I found the new one and downloaded it.  Unfortunately, it did not allow me to use it.  I was able to use the website in the meantime, thinking that Verizon would correct the issue.  But no.  I much prefer using the app, but could not figure out to locate the old version...which clearly still works at the end of October.  So thank you, thank you!

0 Likes
genericusername22

This link seems to work for the 3.0 version; downloaded, installed on Win10, seems to work mostly; some messages in conversations are not synced, but still useful.

FYI - if you're on VPN, disconnect when setting up/confirmation PIN process.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizonmessages/9plsfg6pjz50?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@2subdue wrote:

The Windows Desktop app is no longer available, yet there is a web viewer. So far, I've had no issue using the latest Edge browser.

I hope this helps anyone else with this question.

The Message+ Win10 app isn't available officially from Verizon via the Windows Store, but it is still available having been saved by Dropbox users.  See a previous post in this thread from @shmuel3641  on 04-17-2021:

"Here you can download message plus for windows 10 latest version! Download, unzip and run the installer...

0 Likes
nocigar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Messages (Messages+) is compatible with computers running the following operating systems:

Windows® 8 in desktop mode

Windows 10 (if downloaded prior to 9/5/2019)

Note If using Windows 10 don't uninstall desktop app for troubleshooting, new download is no longer available)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Note10_user, after the Windows update to 10, Message + had syncing issues that were unresolved. This led to the application being pulled from Microsoft on Windows 10. Some have been able to continue use by following these steps:

• Start this process on a system where Verizon Messenger+ is already installed. I have 4 such systems which are networked so this was easy.
  • Select the Start button using the left mouse button.
  • Scroll down the list of applications until you find the icon for Verizon Messenger+.
  • Right click the Verizon Messenger+ icon.
  • Select More.
  • Select Share from the pop-up menu.
  • This will open the Microsoft Store and a window labeled Share will pop-up. Select the escape key to close the Share pop-up.
  • The Microsoft Store now displays Verizon Messages with 3 dots (…) in the upper right corner of the screen.
  • Select the 3 dots (…)
  • Select Install on My Devices
  • Select the device you want to install Verizon Messenger+ on.
  • Go to your device and launch Verizon Messenger+. Your system will now sync with your other Verizon Messenger+ devices.
  • Does this help to explain? LorenB_VZW f my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JoEbY-X
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I get to the option to click on "Install on my devices" it gets stuck, with just a spinning circle forever. Any other options?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoEbY-X

Are you downloading that software to your computer from our website link here? 

https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D1716366078151...

Did you check the memory capacity on your device to ensure that you have enough memory space to download the software? 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JoEbY-X wrote:

When I get to the option to click on "Install on my devices" it gets stuck, with just a spinning circle forever. Any other options?

Not sure where you're seeing 'Install on my devices', but the website does NOT have a link for Windows 10 desktop app.   You can download the old v1.0.17.0 install file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0

0 Likes