Where did my messages go?
Cassieaggie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good morning. I had been texting a friend and then yesterday, after we got into a disagreement on Tuesday,  all my text messages from them disappeared, they disappeared from my contacts and there is no history of any messages from them on my Verizon bill. If they had Verizon and blocked me, does it erase all history/knowledge of them from my phone? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Where did my messages go?
rcschnoor
Legend

No it does not. What kind of phone do you have? What kind of phone does your friend have? Not all types of messages are "texts". If you both have iPhones it is very likely the "texts" you were exchanging were iMessages and not "texts"/SMS which would not show up in any online history Verizon has.

0 Likes
Cassieaggie
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your thoughts on this. I have a Samsung S7 and they have an iPhone. My other friends/family that have iPhones, their numbers show up in my online history, which is why I found it very strange that this number has disappeared from my contacts, the messages appear to be deleted from my phone, and there is no record of that number and I texting in my online history.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You mention Tuesday as the last time texts where exchanged with this number, Cassieaggie. There can sometimes be a delay in reporting those messages to the usage history. Now that time has past, do you see the exchange when looking at your history here?

https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/myusage/

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes