White Text in Verizon Messages
Poke64

Hi Verizon Community,

My Verizon Messages app for Windows 10 recently updated to version 2.0.1.0. Every since it updated the text has been white. This causes a bit of a problem when trying to read messages against a white background. I tried editing the colors in the customization options and unfortunately it isn't saving settings either. So I cannot even change the background to black as a workaround.

I tried uninstalling the application, rebooting, and reinstalling. That didn't work, so I tried uninstalling, then removing related registry and files related to verizon messenger, I rebooted, then reinstalled. This time things looked better but it eventually went back to white text.

I do use this on two machines. My work and home machine. On my home machine it works fine. But, my work machine it breaks. They are both Windows 10. The only major difference is that I access my work machine via a remote access client (RDP). I suspect that might have something to do with it.

Here is a screenshot:

Capture.PNG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: White Text in Verizon Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Poke64,

I use my texting every day and want to ensure your experience is a great one. There have been several updates to the Message+ service recently. Please make sure the Message+ application is fully up to date on each of the devices you are signed in to.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Poke64

Thank you for your reply. I've checked for updates for the applications on all three of my devices. None of them have updates according to the Windows Store and Android Play Store. The versions are the following:

Windows 10 (Home Laptop): 2.0.1.0

Windows 10 (Work Laptop): 2.0.1.0

Android Phone: 6.4.3

If any of these look out of date to you please let me know.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone hasn't updated to the latest version yet:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes
Poke64

I restarted my phone and was able to update to 6.4.4. Unfortunately that hasn't resolved the problem.

0 Likes
mathursan
Enthusiast - Level 2

The white text problem is only seen on Windows or on Android too ?

0 Likes
Poke64

Hi mathursan,

The white text problem only occurs on the Windows 10 machine. It happens on my work machine (that I RDP into) and not my home laptop (which I access directly).

0 Likes
Poke64

Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

Is anyone else reporting/experiencing this issue? Has a bug/defect been filed with the product team? Is there anything else you need from me to move this forward?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I must say this is definitely unusual. This is not a known issue. Being that this is not happening on any other device you are using. Have you uninstalled the desktop version off that machine and added it back? Is RDP some form of remote access you are using from your home laptop?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Poke64

From my original message:

"I tried uninstalling the application, rebooting, and reinstalling. That didn't work, so I tried uninstalling, then removing related registry and files related to verizon messenger, I rebooted, then reinstalled. This time things looked better but it eventually went back to white text."

RDP in the Windows sense is a common name for MSTSC which is the included remote desktop client on Windows operating systems. I apologize for not being more specific. Here is Microsoft's documentation on the program:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753907(v=ws.11).aspx

0 Likes