Why Am I Not Receiving Texts From Message+ Users?
DOJOTIFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the most recent update, I am not receiving any texts sent using Message+ when I am using the original Messages app.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving texts from Message+ users when I am using Messages app
DOJOTIFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything works now! Make sure all devices that use message+ are updated to 6.4.4.  Works great. Thank you Verizon!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DOJOTIFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

To clarify - the sender is using Message+ and I am using the regular Messages app. Anyone else having this issue?

RH22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Certain contacts for me are also affected by this update. They are stuck in chat mode and the messages we send are not going through. But people I text outside of Verizon are receiving their texts along with Verizon contacts with and iphone. Apparently, from reading other threads, this issue is with Verizon's message app update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DOJOTIFF, we apologize for any trouble in receiving those important messages. There was a recent update to Messages + that has caused quite a stir. Please have those that are sending to you from this app, ensure that they have the most recent update to ensure the messages are running smoothly once again.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have been working tirelessly in order to have our Message+ users be able to text again.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This update is "required" on all devices which are using Message+ App or client to integrate (Tablets, P.Cs) messages with primary Mobile Device Number (MDN). Failure to update all devices integrated to same MDN is known to potentially cause issue with messaging services on any of the integrated devices.

If you have Message+ installed on more than one device, please update all of the devices to the most recent version of the application.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blkgoat05
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same exact problem on my S7.

0 Likes
DOJOTIFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only use 1 device to text. As of right now if I am using message+ I still cannot send any text to someone using messages. Additionally, if I switch to messages as my default I cannot receive a text from anyone using message+. Nothing had been fixed. Please advise.

0 Likes
Dianevalant1

I tried to update the app, and now only have a white screen.

I am still getting the pop up notifications when a message comes in, but i can't do anything with it.

I would appreciate your help.

diane

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Another update has been released:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes
DOJOTIFF
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything works now! Make sure all devices that use message+ are updated to 6.4.4.  Works great. Thank you Verizon!

0 Likes