Why Am I Receiving Texts In Spanish?
LINTAR83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a new Verizon customer. Initially I received a text message with an authorization code while setting up my online account. The first text message was in English, then I received two more in Spanish, without changing any settings or language preferences. Why am I getting Spanish text messages now?

Labels (1)
Re: Why Am I Receiving Texts In Spanish?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

This happen awhile back and seem like that were aware of it and as soon as someone posted this about an hour they got a new txt in English. Don't know if that will happen for you or not but I am sure Verizon support will be able to help you. They should come on here soon hopefully and straighten this out for you. Or I am sure you can call them and let them know about this error

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
LINTAR83, first and foremost, Welcome to the Verizon Family and we thank you for choosing us as your wireless service provider! I personally apologize that you've received two text messages in Spanish after receiving the initial one in English. I know we can and will get this resolved for you. Since I will need account-specific information to assist you in resolving this matter, please check your IN box, as I have sent you a Private Message on this topic.

RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ajohnson13174

I also need the answer to this question. I purchased new phones yesterday. First text comes in in English. Every text after that comes in Spanish.

0 Likes
Ratatatnat

I am having the same issue. I have text messages and emails in both Spanish and English and my first bill came in Spanish.  I need to get this changed so that I understand what information is being sent.

0 Likes
DARFLE54

Getting the same problem. Phone support couldnt help me. Has been like this for almost two years now. I have no clue what the [removed] it says? I just pay the bill and be on my way.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
CHEEKS5356

I’m having the same issue. All my messages, emails and notifications are coming in Spanish. and I can’t for the life of me find anywhere on the website/app a setting to be able to change it to English.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but have you checked what it says in settings-language and input?

Other than that like I said before I have read where they had a problem like this before but it seems like it didn't

take as long for them to fix it.

0 Likes
ABHGUP56
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I moved to verizon and all emails are in spanish. Cant find a way to change it english. Feel stupid that I moved to verizon.

DFISK333
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  Just moved to Verizon.