Why Are There So Many Changes To The Messaging App?
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated my app, that is until all the changes left it unreliable.  I can see where some of the new features could be desirable to some but many people simply need a text service to communicate during their workday. I feel not enough consideration was given to that plus it has been over a month now. I am sure they are working hard to resolve the issues but this seriously should have had a major beta testing before leaving folks stranded and disabled.  I truly miss the customization this had over the Samsung app and at the very least I hope they release an option to disable the kanvas editor.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why Are There So Many Changes To The Messaging App?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you're confusing Google's Android Messages app (Android Messages - Android Apps on Google Play) with VzW's Verizon Messages (Verizon Messages - Android Apps on Google Play).

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, Messenger+ was the app the Verizon store set up and it worked perfectly before the update on February 2nd. You see the upgrade occured as I was trying the send a picture to a coworker of an error screen rather than a description while four users stood in front of me waiting for my assistance. I found myself trying to figure out why my phone wasn't working instead of giving them my full attention.

I have since disabled the message+ app as in the begining the changes were affecting the Samsung app and just today I downloaded another app to test. The one feature I missed the most was the ability to have each contact appear in a different color for the ease in identification as I navigate a busy day. That and I don't always have the ability to throw on my reading glasses to quickly view the notification on the lockscreen. Having similar names come up in different colors is far more important to me than having the ability to put a yelp review into my messages. Being able to send pictures is what brought me to this community forum. Being able to use the stock editor without all the goofy stamps and doodles is what has me using a different app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KISSATEK, Message + is absolutely something that we want you enjoying again. It is with our customers in mind, that we have diligently continued working on these recent updates. Please go to the Apps, Settings, Application Manager, select the Messages + and ensure that you now have the 6.4.7 version to fix many concerns. Should you find that you are still missing anything, please let us know.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KISSATEK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good grief, just reread Ann's post [Note 4 to nexus 6 ], you are right I must have read it too quickly.

0 Likes