SAMISHERE6511, being able to access your text messages from your device using the Messages + app is vitally important. I also noted your reference to the app continuing to shut down after your device's recent software update. Software updates are intended to enhance the performance of any device, not cause its user to be inconvenienced. I apologize for your inconvenience. In some instances when a device updates its software version, some specific apps may need their versions updated too.
I'd like your assistance in troubleshooting this matter by following these steps on your device.
1. Please access "Settings".
2. Scroll down to Apps and tap the option.
3. Scroll to you access the Message + App and tap the option.
4. Choose Force Stop, and then choose OK
5. Next, choose "Disable" and tap Disable App.
6. You'll see a notification "Replace this app with the factory version? All Data will be removed." Press OK. This will result in the app temporarily being uninstalled. No worries, you won't lose any of your text messages.
7. You should now see an option to "Enable" the Message + App again. Please tap "Enable" to initiate this process.
You can now return to your phone's home screen, checking for the Message + app icon. Please press it to access your text messages. Please keep us updated. - RobertC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!