Why Can't I Get Texts Through My Car After 6.4.4 Update?
KENPAR63
Enthusiast - Level 1

After getting the messenger+ update to 6.4.4 I can no longer get the text through my car? Suggestions??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messenger+ update
KENPAR63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured it out. With update 6.4.5 was finally given the opportunity to not use chat. Once I was able to not have to use chat I now receive messages through my car again

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's been yet another update:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.5

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kenpar63, I know that using your vehicle features is a great option to have. Let’s work together to see how we can get your messages feature going again. Have you tried to update the Messeger+ app as suggested by Tikibar1? Additionally, with updates, sometimes the car manufacturer has to update software on their end as well before it’s compatible. It’s a great idea to check with the manufacturer’s site and some times even the dealer for suggestions as well.

-TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KENPAR63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured it out. With update 6.4.5 was finally given the opportunity to not use chat. Once I was able to not have to use chat I now receive messages through my car again

zrxdave
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did the same to get my flip phone to receive again. EVERYONE needs to know of this. I have no idea why Verizon has not released some kind of bulletin stating this. Any why it is enabled by default.

0 Likes
keevans1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see an option to turn off chat.  How did you do that?

0 Likes
keevans1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nevermind, just found it.  I really wish Verizon would quit screwing with what was a great text messaging app.

0 Likes
Marsboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I concur with the statement about Verizon messing with this app.  It WAS great.  Now it's terrible.

My Issue:

EVERY time I attach a photo, the "Powered By Kanvas" portion of the attachment process opens up 90-deg to the screen orientation and NEARLY EVERY time it pastes the photo 90-deg to what it is supposed to be!

VERY frustrating.

I uninstalled all updates until Verizon figures out that there is  serious problem and fixes it.  I'll probably lose some other functionality because of this, though.

Fix this please!