Why Is The New Message+ Different?
VINBOS22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does the new Message+ have "Chat" under the arrow instead of "SMS" or "MMS"? How do I get it back to "SMS" for just one person?

Labels (1)
Re: Why Is The New Message+ Different?
Halestorm418

I got a "free message+ text" from some odd

5 digit number stating the message+ was being upgraded to message+ v.64 something and I needed to download it on my other devices.  I didnt do a thing then "bam" I have this new message+  

0 Likes
PySees
Enthusiast - Level 3

My son has message+  but he doesn't use it as his default message app. He can't receive any of my texts unless he uses the message+ app. I think it automatically uses "chat" for users that have ever used message+ on their phones. Messages from one message+ user to another don't go through the network as SMS messages and don't show up on your Verizon bill message logs. I haven't figured out a way to change it. For now, I just have to call him.  

0 Likes
TWEEDY41
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue, how can this be fixed

PySees
Enthusiast - Level 3

He went to his message+ app & deleted his account. It works just fine now.

0 Likes
Dagalo

I would like to know if "uninstalling the updates" or deleting the account on Message+ deletes all the text message history in your phone?  I am willing to try that since I, also, have that irritating "chat" or "sms" under the blue arrow when I compose a text.  (I was on the phone with Verizon yesterday for over an hour and the tech didn't understand what I was telling her about it - however, during our call, she updated her own phone and then she, too, had the same issue..LOL!  They are now "working on" finding an explanation for this problem and how to use it or go around it...?)

I just don't want to lose the many text messages that are stored in my phone...they are memories and some go back a couple of years! 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dagalo wrote:

I would like to know if "uninstalling the updates" or deleting the account on Message+ deletes all the text message history in your phone?

Uninstalling the update shouldn't delete your text history.  I'm not sure about deleting the Verizon Messages account, but my guess is that it would remove your text history.  To be on the safe side, I suggest downloading a text backup/restore app from your app store and use it before deleting your Verizon Messages account.  Then if you decide to switch to your stock text app, you can restore your text messages from the backup app.

0 Likes
Dagalo

Thank you, Tiki!  I will try your advice if I get really frustrated again.  Right now my texting seems to be working and going to all recipients.  It still changes from MMS (group text because of a setting I set) to CHAT to SMS (still haven't figured out the differences there, though)...

0 Likes
WPFWEB

I'm having the same problem. Default format seems to be chat rather than SMS.  People are not getting my replies to their messages. I don't see an option for switching to SMS format.  HELP!

0 Likes
WPFWEB

Me too.  I deleted upgrade link, now have new features that only allow me to send messages as chats, AND it's still showing that my Message+ version is 6.4, not 6.4.1 or 2.  What a mess.  Hopefully Verizon fixes this upgrade QUICKLY.

0 Likes