Why am I not receiving messages ?
pricep12016

Not receiving text messages in both the Verizon message plus and default messaging app on my Droid Turbo 2. Reset both the Network and memory. For level 2 text couldn't solve the problem still waiting for a level 3 Tech to contact me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I not receiving messages ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive text messages is critical, pricep12016. Let's investigate this further. Are you able to send text messages? What happens on the recipient's end when they try to send you a text? Had you recently moved to this device from an iPhone?

Lynn_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pricep12016

Send functional.

Reset network.

Safe mode initiated and same problem not receiving texts.

Stopped both message service application's and cleared memory.

Removed both message apps, message+ and default Droid app.

Reinstalled both apps and same non reception of text messages continues.

Updates on all apps are automatically done every evening.

Restarted texting apps after all updates, still no text message received

from Verizon or anyone.

On Mon, Aug 6, 2018, 9:20 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you have access to a desktop/laptop, can you receive text messages using the My Verizon web site (My Verizon->My Plans & Services-> Send a message, https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do?s=vrORLX7fzuYBePF9 ) or using the desktop app?  This might help identify if it is an account or phone/device issue.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the details and for the steps you have attempted, pricep12016. Making sure your text messages are working properly is a must. You mentioned you cannot receive text messages, what about receiving text messages? Are you able to make calls? When did this issue start?

Rachel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes