Re: Why am I not recieving texts on my PC on Messages ?
DLCPhoto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anthony,

Please see Post # 4, my first in this thread, where I document the fact that I have already done the usual trouble-shooting steps recommended.  Pleased read this post in detail, and don't simply supply the 'stock' reply that doesn't address the problem being reported.

As I said there, I have used this Verizon PC Application for many years, and have found it to be inconsistent in its performance.  Just this morning I received yet another text on my phone which wasn't received via the PC Application.  Closing the program, and then re-opening, re-syncing, does not retrieve the missing text.  Other times it will work as intended.

The Application literally hasn't been updated for years, and the fact that Verizon doesn't seem to acknowledge this, nor the problems reported with the Application, is extremely frustrating, and results in a lack of confidence in Verizon.

BENKUH55
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just set up my new pixel 24 hours ago and I am having this issue. Some messages have been received, but they are very delayed (10+ minutes).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Benkuh55, I rely on my text messages daily, so having a delay would be very concerning to me as well. I will make sure we exhaust all options to get this message issue resolved. Please share with me what zip code are you in? Are you aware of anyone else having text issues in your area? How long of a delay are you getting with the text messages? What message application are you using?

Rodney_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CanuckNinja
Enthusiast - Level 1

i  have the same issue, sort of, but here's some more details.. This used to work fine for me, then it stopped a few months back. I can still send messages ,  i think to alll people, but I don't get a response to my pc, just to my cell phone. My phone and acct have not changed for a long time( years). 

I recently tried the browser version, and it seems to get message fine,  in both versions of chrome( regular and 'canary' builds) but the windows app won't recieve them.

I've tried reinstalling and rebooting but no luck so far. The browser is ok, but not as handy for me as the windows app......

Any new ideas on what to try? I noticed, as have others that the app has not been updated for a long time.

thx.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know first hand how handy it can be to receive your messages on your PC, CanuckNinja. Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the PC app for a few months now. I'm happy to help. Are you getting an error message at any point while using the PC app? If so, what does it say? Is this app set to send notifications? To check, to go: Main Menu>Settings>Notifications

RyanM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
verizonvictim2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

did it, still didn't work

0 Likes
PfromBoston

The link you provided does not connect to a page useful for accessing messages.  Trying to access my messages (because  my phone wiped itself clean this morning) from within my online account only takes me to a message that says it cannot provide that information.  Like others in this discussion thread, not all of my text messages appear when I use the Verizon Messages app on my laptop. The terms used in your response here do not match what appears when I attempt to find messages through My Verizon.  Please provide up-to-date links and access information.  Thank you.

0 Likes
GlennDawson

There is nothing at that link that helps.

0 Likes
tayoun

Following this thread as this just started for me.  I have been using messages for a couple of years on my PC with no issues and suddenly I am not receiving any messages.  I can only send.    I removed and reinstalled the messages app.   No change.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tayoun, having issues with your Message+ service on your PC can be a headache, especially if it happened suddenly. Any recent changes? Are you having issues with other services/apps on your PC?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes