Why am i not able to receive international text messages from Bahrain?
aopimo

I'm back with Verizon, now that iPhone is available. I noticed, however, that i am not able to send and receive text messages from Bahrain (Kingdom of Bahrain). Actually, with my sister (who's with Batelco) i'm able to send text messages but still not able to receive text messages. With another cell phone number (with a company called Zain) i'm not able to send and receive text messages at all. Years ago, when i was with Verizon, i never had this issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am i not able to receive international text messages from Bahrain?
Not applicable

Hello aopimo!

Thank you for your post! I know keeping in touch with friends and family is a necessity. Calling the Kingdom of Bahrain is a supported feature on our network, but texting is not. Since you have a smartphone, you do have other options. You could download an instant messaging application of your choice. This would count against data usage instead of text. Our agreements with other countries are always expanding and changing. This does not mean that the text messaging feature will never be support, but luckily with a smartphone there are other ways to communicate with your loved ones!

Thanks again!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aopimo

Thanks for your response. Hopefully, Verizon will have agreements with cell phone providers in Bahrain soon. Before i moved to AT&T for the iPhone i was with Verizon. I do not recall having this issue (my family members were already in Bahrain then).

As of now with Batelco, i'm able to send text messages but unable to receive. This, too, i find a bit strange.

Thank you.

Anthony

0 Likes
edmiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

we couldn't get any Verizon service in Bahrain on our California phones.  Finally after 4 hours with Verizon tech we got voice.  No internet or text.  US TMobile phones worked fine in Bahrain.  I am adding TMobile as a second number on my iPhone 14 and after a trial period if TMobile works everywhere and Verizon does not I will drop Verizon---that's my solution.  An eSIM may work but why fuss with that If TMobile works everywhere

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes