Why are my picture attachments scrambled? And why is the "unread" icon not clearing?
rjack88

Every time I try to attach a picture that I've taken with my camera, instead of resizing it for sending via MMS, it shows up scrambled like this:

message+error.jpg

here are my machine specs, and the app version:

messages+app.jpg

And the other annoying thing is the icon for the app shows how many messages are waiting, but doesn't refresh itself, like now, it's "pinned" to my taskbar, and when either open or not the icon shows 1 message unread, but there are zero, when I have the app open, it counts up correctly, like it will say 4 unread messages, and there will be four, I read them, and the icon still shows a one in a black circle, I've "reset" the app, I've unpinned and re-pinned it to the taskbar, and it still shows one unread message...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are my picture attachments scrambled? And why is the "unread" icon not clearing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rjack88, we definitely want to get this figured out. What kind of device do you have? Are you plugging your device in to your PC when you see these messages appear?
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why are my picture attachments scrambled? And why is the "unread" icon not clearing?
rjack88

The issues are solely on the Windows 10 app.

No devices are the problem, just the Windows app...

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rjack88

please remove my personal information from the previous reply, that was supposed to go to an email address, not post to the website for all to see, not a very comforting response from Verizon, had I known it was going to the website, I would have deleted my signature from the response...

0 Likes
rjack88

You guys blanked out the full version number from the original picture, that's not the personal information I wanted to remove, I meant my phone number and company name in my email response to your question, the full windows build number is important to figure out the issue... None of this is personal information.windows_version.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rjack88_ Thank you for those screenshots. It is very helpful to see what's going on. Is this application on your phone or your computer? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application?

)_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rjack88

As I've stated twice, including the original posting, this is happening on my Windows 10 computer, no other devices are involved,

IT IS THE WINDOWS 10 APP FROM THE APP STORE, ON MY COMPUTER.

And of course I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, it's literally the very first thing I tried. There is no other way to submit a bug report that I've found, other than to post here, and this seems ridiculous. It sems like nobody is even reading what I've written...

0 Likes