Why are text messages delayed when replying to a group text from someone who has AT
JULHUN21

Been in an important group chat with 2 other people, one is on Sprint and has a droid, the other is on AT&T and uses an iPhone. I am continually receiving delayed texts from the AT&T person several hours later. But, I get the texts from the Sprint person immediately. And, the Sprint person is getting the AT&T texts immediately. The delay is only happening on the group text, and I have missed some important information because of it. This has been happening for 3 weeks when the group chat started. I use the Verizon Messages+ app and I have a Samsung Note 8.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why are text messages delayed when replying to a group text from someone who has AT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! I hope you are having a great day so far!I know how important it is to get all of your messages. It is hard to say exactly what is happening with the missing messages because the texts between you and the individual using Sprint are going through with no issue. When you text the individual using AT&T privately, do the messages go through okay? Does this person have their "send as mms/sms" turned on? 

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why are text messages delayed when replying to a group text from someone who has AT
Harmude

I'm also having this problem. There are hundreds of messages from within group chats that I don't recieve. It leaves a notification in my chat with each individial(that's in the group chat) that a text wasn't downloaded. How do I solve this problem? In some cases If I don't see that notification for a couple days it will then say the messade has expired and can't be downloaded. Unacceptable. 

I'm on Google Pixel 1, Android 9. 

0 Likes