Why are the Verizon to Verizon Texts showing up in Account Usage?
Squonk

We have the 1000 texts and my daughter tried her new phone out today.  We checked to make sure they were Verizon customers which they were.  They are showing up in the messages used when looking at the Usage screen.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are the Verizon to Verizon Texts showing up in Account Usage?
kwm1337
Contributor - Level 1

You should, for messaging, see four (4) columns: Text  -  Pix-Flix  -  M2M Text  -  M2M Pix-Flix

That is ONLY if you have a Unlimited Messaging. However you only have 1000 Text plan.

Please Read the Following from the Terms and Conditions of the contract you have as follows:

[BEGIN QUOTE]

Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging Bundle
Subject to Text, Picture and Video Messaging terms and conditions. May require subscription to new Plan. Cannot be combined with any other bundle that includes a text or picture/video message allowance. Applies only to text, picture and video messages sent to and received from other Verizon Wireless ten-digit phone numbers. Premium text messaging and instant messaging fees are not included.

[END QUOTE] Source: http://support.verizonwireless.com/terms/products/messaging.html

In other words you have a bundle/plan that includes an allowance. You cannot combine "Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging" with that 1000 Text Bundle. Therefore as should follow: regardless of whether the texts are between VZW customers or not they will count towards your allowance which is 1000 Texts from what you have said.

I hope this helps,

--kwm1337

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kwm1337
Contributor - Level 1

You should, for messaging, see four (4) columns: Text  -  Pix-Flix  -  M2M Text  -  M2M Pix-Flix

That is ONLY if you have a Unlimited Messaging. However you only have 1000 Text plan.

Please Read the Following from the Terms and Conditions of the contract you have as follows:

[BEGIN QUOTE]

Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging Bundle
Subject to Text, Picture and Video Messaging terms and conditions. May require subscription to new Plan. Cannot be combined with any other bundle that includes a text or picture/video message allowance. Applies only to text, picture and video messages sent to and received from other Verizon Wireless ten-digit phone numbers. Premium text messaging and instant messaging fees are not included.

[END QUOTE] Source: http://support.verizonwireless.com/terms/products/messaging.html

In other words you have a bundle/plan that includes an allowance. You cannot combine "Unlimited Mobile to Mobile Messaging" with that 1000 Text Bundle. Therefore as should follow: regardless of whether the texts are between VZW customers or not they will count towards your allowance which is 1000 Texts from what you have said.

I hope this helps,

--kwm1337

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The 1000 messaging plan no longer has VZW to VZW messaging as unlimited. Changed a couple weeks ago.

0 Likes
Squonk

That is not what I was told when I added the new line.  Was told unlimited mobile to mobile texting.

0 Likes
Jujulia

Just 3 days ago I added the $10/month texting and I asked the person in the store if it was unlimited for Verizon to Verizon users. He told me yes. I checked my account wondering why I  my texts were being used when I was texting other Verizon users, and thought it might be a mistake. I guess not. The only reason I got texting was because of this. Now I will have to cancel it. Just great. You know, Verizon really shouldn't do this. It's not worth it. I'm already mad about the required data plan fee. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Squonk wrote:

That is not what I was told when I added the new line.  Was told unlimited mobile to mobile texting.

They were mistaken.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Here we go again. :smileysad: No more M2M with bundles, only with unlimited, where it really doesn't matter anyway. And reps are uninformed and "assume" the 1000 text bundle has unlimited M2M - so people are getting misinformation....and getting justifiably upset.

I'm not sure I'm liking the new texting bundle options - seems to be all or nothing. The plans are now pay per text, 1000, or unlimited? :smileysad:
0 Likes
kwm1337
Contributor - Level 1

Squonk wrote:

I am sorry that happened... I know I would be frustrated :smileysad:

I hope all works out,

--kwm1337

0 Likes