Why are there issues with texting between Iphone and Droid?
kstairs51

I previously had an Iphone and switched to a droid. My mom and  2 sisters have iphones. My mom's text messages come through to my phone but I can't recieve my sisters texts. I have told them to try and hold down the imessage and select send as a text message and they have deleted my phone number and entered it back in. I also have gone onto my iTunes account and deleted my iphone off of it. What else can I do to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting between Iphone and Droid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for already having a head start on getting this resolved, kstairs51. The suggestions from 21stNow and Waimon were fantastic. You can also go to Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support and log in with the Apple ID you used on your iPhone to deregister your iPhone.   Please keep us posted if you're still running into trouble.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

When your sisters entered your phone number again, did they enter it as "mobile" as opposed to "iPhone"?  When your sisters send you a text message, are they starting a new thread now or using an existing message thread?  They need to use a new message thread in order for the message to get to you.

Other than this, you have done most of the things that should be done.  The worst case scenario is that you would have to wait until 30 days have passed since you switched phones and your text messages should start coming in at that point.

0 Likes
Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Ok do this if you have not already gotten it fixed. Turn your old phone off. Also tell them to delete all your previouse text messages. Tell her to delete your phone number. Then send her a text and from that text she receives tell her to add your number from that. And all should work just fine then.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for already having a head start on getting this resolved, kstairs51. The suggestions from 21stNow and Waimon were fantastic. You can also go to Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support and log in with the Apple ID you used on your iPhone to deregister your iPhone.   Please keep us posted if you're still running into trouble.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
sourboysam

I am having this same problem after doing the same steps. I have too many friends to tell them to all delete my number and re add it. Also the link in this resolution is dead now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@sourboysam

I'm sorry that you are still experiencing this problem!  I would love to assist.

Which model phone do you currently have?  Do you still have your previous iPhone device?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sourboysam

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S5, and I do not still have my old device.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming sourboysam! Just to clarify, have you removed your number from your Apple Support Profile? http://bit.ly/1cst2SC If so, the next step would be to contact Apple for additional options.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes