Why can't I access the web based messages app?
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

The web-based Verizon Messages app/service is DOWN AGAIN. Navigating to My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless (which I do every morning), I receive the following error response:

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Web Based Messages App DOWN AGAIN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jimj227,

Applications we depend on most should always be problem free. Lets get this fixed. There is no current reported issue with Verizon Messges. I was able to log in using this link https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/webs2/Message.do . It's close to the link that you provided but slightly different. Keep me posted with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jimj227

I am having the same problem today. I need it because I am in Mexico and don't want to pay the fees for cell service messaging and the company Internet filter blocks the phone app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jimj227,

Applications we depend on most should always be problem free. Lets get this fixed. There is no current reported issue with Verizon Messges. I was able to log in using this link https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/webs2/Message.do . It's close to the link that you provided but slightly different. Keep me posted with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

It is the same link.  It started working again later this morning.

0 Likes
jimj227

So the link seems to work, but I usually go to My Verizon --> My Device --> Send and Manage Messages.  That page gives me the error mentioned above still.

0 Likes
Seems
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just confirming the same problem as jimj227. Haven't been able to login all day via Send and Manage Messages, but the link provided by Pamela works.

0 Likes
jimj227

Actually, that is not accurate - now it gives:

Page is unavailable

The page you are trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.

Here's what you can do:

• Click your browser's Refresh button to try reconnecting
  • Check the spelling of the URL to make sure the address is correct (capitalization and punctuation are important) and then click your browser's Refresh button
  • Go to Verizon Wireless Home Page
  • If you are attempting to login to My Verizon, please click here

Back to previous page

0 Likes
Jenni_Lee

It's been three days, Verizon. Link provided by Pamela works for me too.

How hard is it to repair a broken link?

0 Likes