Why can't I get the Verizon Messages app to work over wi-fi?
eahodson

I have an LG Optimus Zone 2, no matter what wi-fi I connect to I can't get the verizon messaging app to work. It stalls out once I hit send, but gives no error message. any ideas on what may be the issue or a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Optimus Zone 2 and messaging over wi-fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
eahodson,

Let's get to bottom of this! Are you having issues with text or picture messages? Is it working properly when connected to cellular data?

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-96943/ and retest. If you continue to have issues you can reach out to our prepaid customer service team for further assistance. To reach our Prepay Team, please dial 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone. When prompted, enter your prepaid phone number. Then press 4 (for questions or to change something), then 5 (for Store Locations or Billing Questions), then 4 (for Customer Service Rep) and then enter your pass code for your account.  If you do not know the pass code enter in four zeros. Then the system will transfer you to a Prepaid representative.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG Optimus Zone 2 and messaging over wi-fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
eahodson,

Let's get to bottom of this! Are you having issues with text or picture messages? Is it working properly when connected to cellular data?

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-96943/ and retest. If you continue to have issues you can reach out to our prepaid customer service team for further assistance. To reach our Prepay Team, please dial 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone. When prompted, enter your prepaid phone number. Then press 4 (for questions or to change something), then 5 (for Store Locations or Billing Questions), then 4 (for Customer Service Rep) and then enter your pass code for your account.  If you do not know the pass code enter in four zeros. Then the system will transfer you to a Prepaid representative.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes