Why delaying?
vn

I have been receiving text message hours or one day later.

This cause so much problems especially when I'm waiting.

There's no alert on neither text message nor voice message on that time.

Then several hours later or one day later, there's 5 or 6 message alerts all at once.

What's the reason on this delay?

my location is inside network.

any clue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why delaying?
butterat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a friend on T-Mobile who used to have the same issue - she swapped out phones a couple times, even - still had the same issue.  Then she moved to another part of town, and the problem disappeared.  Best we could figure is that the network in the area where she lived before was too busy?  

0 Likes
Re: Why delaying?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi vn,

I understand your concern regarding the receipt of messages being delayed. Everyone wants to receive their messages as soon as possible. 

I would like to ask if you normally leave the phone powered on most of the time? If the phone is never powered off, it can lose the connection with the network. Once it re-establishes the connection with the network, messages and notifications come in. From what you describe, it seems as if the device is losing the connection with the network, since you mentioned that they come in all at once, all of a sudden. 

It is recommended to power the phone off and on once a day or once every couple of days, to keep the registration fresh in the network. You do not have to leave it powered down for any large amount of time, just a quick power off and then power on suffices. You may find that this resolves your concerns. 

If you need additional assistance, feel free to send me a PM with your name and mobile number. I am happy to assist you further. 

Thanks very much,

0 Likes