Why did message plus create a public profile of me and use a private picture for my avatar?
Kchri2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was shocked when someone told me they saw my photo avatar on my 'public profile' in the message plus app.

The picture shows me next to a 'pending sale' sticker on my realtor sign.

No one was to know I was selling my house for very private reasons. That picture  was texted to only one person who did not share or even save it.

I didn't even know I had a profile in message plus let alone a public one that I did NOT set up or authorize.

You have compromised my safety and anonymity,Verizon. I will be holding you responsible.

Labels (1)
Re: Why did message plus create a public profile of me and use a private picture for my avatar?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Thats darn near impossible. Only someone with the picture an do that.

Re: Why did message plus create a public profile of me and use a private picture for my avatar?
Kchri2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly.I'm the only one with the picture other than my sister. And Verizon, since it was used via the Verizon system

My sister:

1. She can't access my info to create a public profile

2. She would NEVER HAVE done that regardless of whether or not it would endanger me. She doesn't have the time or desire to sit around trying to mess with other people's life or apps.

Of all my pictures on my phone or that have been texted to people, why on earth would that one have been used?

Again, I did not set up a public profile....I don't even remember setting up ANY profile. Other than entering my phone number for my contact info. This is NOT a social media app. It should NOT default to public!  Everyone should beware and check their app. I am discontinuing and reporting.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

In the frequently asked questions it DOES state that a profile is needed to use it across multiple types of devices. A simple search on the Verizon website shows this. So there's nothing to report. Just because you may not remember does not mean it wasn't done. It also paysto reesearch before using a service.

0 Likes
Kchri2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I DID NOT. just because it may state that, does not mean it is true. Loop

holes.

I would NEVER have posted a photo that would endanger my safety.

I don't drink, I don't use drugs, I would not have created this.

Yes, it is being reviewed and reported. Easy to be snug when it's not you

life and safety at risk.

0 Likes
Kchri2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I DON'T use it across several devices. It defaulted to this app as

you well know. Verizon should NOT be publishing ANYTHING on the clients

profile unless permission is specifically given to do so. Even if they have

a disclaimer in the fine print to do so. Why would they have chosen THAT

photo. Negligible and irresponsible.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

They cannot use your pictures. I suggest you read the program terms and conditions. [Removed]

off topic content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SignalDegradation
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, person self-labeling as “pherson Leader”, I define leaders differently than you apparently. How about your other label, “human being”? Do you feel no compassion when chirping responses to people already feeling a loss? Your personal feelings and private frustrations should never enter a response if truly a professional - and if not, why does Verizon tolerate an insulting scold lacking sincere help altogether? You minimized her concerns. You blamed her. In your suggestion she did not read the fine print as thoroughly as you apparently are capable of, you insulted her. You are no leader,  in fact, your treatment of this individual you volunteered to aid meets the definition of a bully. Reading your response and knowing the Big V saw no problem posting it continues the ongoing disappointment for myself. To be clear, I hold you less responsible for your perceived right to be an unkind & unprofessional person than Verizon for allowing unhelpful (and harmful!) posts masked as answers. I assure you I will not waste my time reading associated fine print as I am reasonably certain the Big V has already offered themselves a sufficient “out” - Pherson, I sincerely hope you consider sharing your knowledge base with kindness, patience, & bold humanity so we can better hear you and learn through the experience I am assuming you possess.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes