Why did this happen?!?!?
Mlatham976

I sent a text message this morning and the phone that received it got the normal text I sent and then received a second text like the first except that the ending was changed. It included some things I would never ever say and is making me out to be a liar. I had recieved a screenshot of hers and was shocked so I sent her what mine looked like. She doesn't believe me that I didn't send the second altered and crude text. I talked to Apple support and restored my iPhone back to factory and used an old backup to restore everything else on my phone. I no longer have the screen shots or text that I sent but have tried to fix the issue at my end even making sure my sms was off which it is and always is.  Why did this happen if anyone could please help me I hate being called a liar!! Thank you.

iPhone 6s text to a droid phone of some kind.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did this happen?!?!?
mama23dogs
Legend

show her your screen shot, I assume the 2nd text only shows on her phone. 

CHange your Apple ID password. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Tterms of service request no cross posting , duplicate posts or bombing the forum.   your other posts will be removed.

0 Likes
Mlatham976

Sorry the page kept telling me to pick a place and then it would just go blank again. I'm starting to hate my iPhone. Thank you for your feedback.

I did show her mine but she refuses to believe that I didn't send the second text to her. I'm just curious as to how this stuff happens as I have seen other complaints about this on other forums.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The only way I can think it can, is if your Apple ID and password are also being used by another person.  Your messages would appear on all at once.

THus my suggestion you change your Apple password and maybe turn off imessage and FaceTime.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Just in case, contact support. *611 from your phone.  

0 Likes