Why do i keep getting this message saying message from number has expired?
TERWIL37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do I keep getting a message saying message from (number) has expired? And I sent back what do you mean, and I received the same message. It's freaking me out.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why do i keep getting this message saying message from number has expired?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you keep getting this message, TERWIL37. It would definitely concern me too.

It sounds like there was a message sent to a specific number that was unsuccessful. It could be that the number was changed, no longer in service, or the phone is turned off. Normally, messages "pend" until the phone is turned back on; however, if it exceeds a certain amount of days, it will expire, and it wasn't sent successfully.

You can delete the message thread with that specific number, and then delete the notification, (expired message), and this should stop the notifications.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you keep getting this message, TERWIL37. It would definitely concern me too.

It sounds like there was a message sent to a specific number that was unsuccessful. It could be that the number was changed, no longer in service, or the phone is turned off. Normally, messages "pend" until the phone is turned back on; however, if it exceeds a certain amount of days, it will expire, and it wasn't sent successfully.

You can delete the message thread with that specific number, and then delete the notification, (expired message), and this should stop the notifications.

VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

TERWIL37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you

0 Likes