Why do pictures disappear from messages after a few days?
YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a few days, I've noticed that pictures/photos within my text messages disappear.  Nothing else is deleted.  How do I change this setting?  Using Motorola Z2 Play

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do pictures disappear from messages after a few days?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that your text messaging app works how you want, YankeejeepOC. If you’re using the Message plus application, you can try the following steps. Open the Message plus app and then press the 3 lines on the top left > tap on Settings > scroll to the bottom and select Advanced > uncheck the option for delete old messages or you can change the option for conversation message limit to a higher number. Please let us know if this helps.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

That box was not checked to begin with. Plus I have come no where near reaching the message limit (it's a new phone).  I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling Message Plus with no luck.  Pictures are still gone. Seems from the discussion threads this is a known problem that has gone on for quite sometime.  Has there been no resolution?  All my pictures disappear after about two days.  The rest of the message(s) remain.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you to lose those precious pictures. Does the same thing happen if you check your stock texting app?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't set up or used any other messaging app...only Message Plus.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you clarifying for us YankeejeepOC. I was able to do some research, and there are some steps to get this corrected. You do want first to make sure that all your information is backed up. Please view the http://spr.ly/65838hhYf video on how to do the backup. Once you have done this, then follow these steps.
1. Perform a Factory http://spr.ly/65848hhYA Data Reset on the device without restoring any apps, content or inserting any SD Cards into the device.
2.Skip Cloud setup during setup wizard. (Do not enable Verizon Cloud)
3.Ensure all pre-installed apps are fully updated.
4.Do not restore SMS in the Message+ App.
5.Re-test with new MMS threads.

Keep me posted.

AmberF_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Prior to receiving your most recent response, I had uninstalled and reinstalled the Message+ app.  So far it has not deleted photos that were sent to me a few days ago.  Plus they are now showing up under the Photos & Videos tab which they previously had not.  Hopefully this is the fix; hoping to avoid the Factory Reset.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for this update, YankeejeepOC. Are the photos still there under the Photos & Videos tab?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes they are.  Seems the uninstall/reinstall fixed my problem.  Thank you!

0 Likes
YankeejeepOC
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: App deleted photos AND text messages on its own last night. It's not a message limit issue because I had less than 20 messages. I'm sorry to say, but I'm done with this app. It does have cool features, but that was the last straw for me. I'm not going to do a factory reset on a brand new phone; this app needs fixing!!

0 Likes