Why do the emoji that i send in my text messages not match the ones that i chose from the keyboard?
MICBAR12

I was just wondering if this bugged anyone else and if so, how can I fix it?  I chose emoji from the menu but whenever I select the one I like, it looks completely different from the one that gets sent.  The screenshot below shows what I am talking about.  The second row is the emoji I selected, but the top row shows how the emoji will look when they are sent.  Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks~

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do the emoji that i send in my text messages not match the ones that i chose from the keyboard?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What model phone and message app are you having issues with?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: Why do the emoji that i send in my text messages not match the ones that i chose from the keyboard?
MICBAR12

I have a new Samsung Galaxy S8 & it's the message+ app

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MICBAR12, I definitely have encountered this as well, and I can help shed some additional details on this. When it comes to Emojis, different applications may use one method to display the image based on the emoji that is selected, while another can render it completely differently. One method this can be verified is to compare your text app with Facebook and Instagram.

Samsung for instance uses a different style, while another keyboard may use the standard Android Emoji set. The text app you utilize may also use a different image to display the emoji as well.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes