Why does Verizon Message+ skip messages on PC and iPad, but shows up on phone?
wiretwister

Why does the messaging service skip messages on PC and iPad, but they show up on the phone? This has happened many times before. I have just been texting with my wife. She has responded twice, the second response shows up on my PC and iPad, and phone. The first response shows up only on the phone.  What gives?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does Verizon Message+ skip messages on PC and iPad, but shows up on phone?
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless Customer SupportJoeltheKVerizon Wireless Customer SupportVerizon Wireless Customer Support

FYI, the link  referred to JoeltheK is for the WEB APP set up. 

The Desktop version is downloaded directly from this Product Page:

Verizon Messages: Take Texting to the Next Level | Verizon Wireless

Also, another reason Joel could be missing messages is because the integration functionality of the app is designed to work optimally when the Messages+ app is set as his default. Joel said that he is using his native app as his default.  Joel, please set your Messages+ app as your default and only use that app for 2 weeks to see if the message drop stops.

-ALIE

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizon Message+ skip messages on PC and iPad, but shows up on phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Messaging + is an awesome app. It was just updated. Do you and your wife have the latest verison? When did this start?

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JoeltheK

Same problem - periodically messages do NOT appear on desktop version (HP Envy 17, Windows 8.1).  No obvious pattern associated with which ones are missed..  I have latest version of the app (Version 1.0.16.0).  Sync'ing doesn't do a thing for these missing texts.  Obviously some others have same problem - but (other then "update" I've seen no solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JoeltheK,

We want all of your messages to appear. It essential that applications we need most work properly. When did this issue start? What make/model device are you using?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JoeltheK

I don't know when it started, but I have no reason to think it hasn't

been there all along. I first installed the Message+ app on my PC about

6 1/2 months ago and probably first noticed the issue a couple of months

ago, but that's just guessing at this point.

I'm running Message+ version 1.0.16.0 on an HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad laptop

(Intel Core i7), Windows 8.1, 64-bit. My phone is a Motorola Droid Razr

Maxx, Android v. 4.1.2

The messages that do NOT appear on the desktop version of Message+ all

seem to appear on MY phone. Most (if not all) of the senders that I've

noticed are Verizon Wireless users. NOTE: MOST of the messages from

these same people DO reach my desktop Message+ app - _most, but NOT

al_l. I've seen no obvious pattern to the ones that don't appear. And

once they don't appear on the desktop app, they NEVER show up there.

It's not simply a time delay. And re-syncing doesn't do a thing.

... Joel Krugler

====================================================

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeltheK, let’s give you back your whole picture. We don’t want missing texts. Do you always use the Message+ application to send texts on your phone? Are the texts that are missing older texts (older than 6 months? The system only keeps 90 days of messages saved. They will show on your phone but not on the computer. Did you install the Message+ application to your computer? http://spr.ly/6583BJghZ
JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JoeltheK

I use the native text messaging app on my droid Motorola razor Maxx.

I wish your questions reflected the info I already supplied. No, it is not old mags that do not appear on on pc version of Message+. ... It is NEW ones. Yes, I installed the app on my computer ... That is where the msgs do not appear. And I already supplied the model and OS of my pc.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JoeltheK Having all your texts is important. Let’s get this solved. The next option in resolving this issue is to uninstall the application on the computer. Once you re-install it, here is a walk-through to make sure all is setup for optimal performance http://vz.to/1Nxnu8J
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless Customer SupportJoeltheKVerizon Wireless Customer SupportVerizon Wireless Customer Support

FYI, the link  referred to JoeltheK is for the WEB APP set up. 

The Desktop version is downloaded directly from this Product Page:

Verizon Messages: Take Texting to the Next Level | Verizon Wireless

Also, another reason Joel could be missing messages is because the integration functionality of the app is designed to work optimally when the Messages+ app is set as his default. Joel said that he is using his native app as his default.  Joel, please set your Messages+ app as your default and only use that app for 2 weeks to see if the message drop stops.

-ALIE

0 Likes
JoeltheK

Thnx. Sound like good things to try. I'm out of pocket for a while but

will definitely try your suggestions when I am back.

0 Likes