Why does Verizon Wireless LIE to their customers without compuntion?
darkmaiden43

Last month, I received a bill for $380.25 after I talked to a "customer service representative who assured me I was being charged this exorbitant amount in error.  Fool me actually believed him.  He told me that I was being charged for 10GB (most of which the local agent assured me was "free" and that my new monthly bill would be more than a $40 than what I was paying before.  I felt so confident, I went back and purchased two tablets in "good faith".  Needless to say, I was quickly brought back to earth when I received this month's bill.  Not only that they take out the $380.25, they felt fully justified for it even though my records show that I normally use less than 500MB of data in any given month and asked the first representative to change my plan to 500MB plan forfeiting the "free" 6GB I received after purchasing my new iPhone 6.  I guess the laughs on me.  I was a total FOOL.  I hate liars and cheats.  Those are exactly what Verizon wireless are.  I won't be compensated.  They said I'd receive rebates on the purchase on my new devices which I have yet to receive even though they were mailed out two weeks ago.  Tell your family and friends.  Save them from this needless heartache and pain in their wallets and purses.  Verizon is a liar.  Take that one to the bank.

@

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does Verizon Wireless LIE to their customers without compuntion?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm trying to understand what has happened.

You had a 6GB plan, that you weren't having to pay for for some reason and then...suddenly it was gone or you made a change to your account or bought a new phone?

The bill is so high because of data overages or are there other charges on the bill?

0 Likes
darkmaiden43

There were NO data overages.  They just charged me what they felt they wanted to.  I use approximately 440,000MB per month.  Even with the lowest data plan, there would be NO overage.  They charged me for activating my two tablets ($40 each) and turning on my old phone (iPhone 4s) for my sister.  She doesn't know how to use the internet so she has no need to use data.  The two tablets are used in my home where there is a live "hot spot" which requires no use for data.  So why did my bill go from $116 in June to $380 in July, but is now $155 for August?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like it was so high in July because like you said, you activated those tablets, plus they come with a $10 a month fee for each. That accounts for an additional $100. Tablets are NEVER free. You always have to sign up for a 2 year plan which involves a $10 a month line access fee per tablet.

A smartphone always has a line access fee, even if you don't plan on using the data on the phone. The only time you could have a smartphone and NOT pay for the smartphone line fee was way back in the day. There was a time when I had a blackberry, but only used it for calls and text and still only had to pay the $20 line access fee.

What do you mean turning on your sisters older phone? Did you add her to your account? Or did you just take her old phone and switch it with a current device?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You point out 3 new lines, so that is $120 activation.  Also, and I think this is what is tripping up your calculations, is you are being charged for part of the last month when you activated the new services on the 2 tablets and 1 phone PLUS the next months service. That is up to $60 more.  Together up to $180 more for 1 month until you get the regular bill You are always paying a month ahead, so catch up for last month needed to be added in.  $155 is now right in line with what was promised, $40 more than before

The new iPhone 4S line is out of contract from your explanation.  Call back and ask for month to month discount on that line.  It will save you $15 per month, so going forward only net $25 more. 

Why did you buy tablets with cellular function if they are only used on wifi?  With 500 MB you can't afford to use them on anything but wifi. 

0 Likes