Why does "message to _________ deleted" come up every time I try to text a certain per
Note10_user
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue with a Samsung Note 10. Seems like Verizon can't figure this out or does someone have a fix?

0 Likes
Re: Why does "message to _________ deleted" come up every time I try to text a certain per
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Note10_user, we want to ensure you have the information you need. Typically, when in receipt of that message, it means that a message you sent to that party has failed to be delivered and has therefore been deleted from our servers as we will only attempt the delivery for 5 days. Have you confirmed that the number being texted is still active? If it is active and you can receive messages from them, have you made sure that your number isn't blocked in their messaging settings by accident? Are you sending a message with an attachment that may be too big for the other parties device to receive if not resized?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why does "message to _________ deleted" come up every time I try to text a certain per
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to find a fix to this issue. What messaging app are you using? Has this always happened when texting that person?

0 Likes
Note10_user
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Messages+ Yes for this one person. 

It says Message to 256xxxyyyy deleted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, Note10_user, 

Let's figure out what's causing this. If you call the number, are you able to get through that way? Have you checked with the person, to be sure the number hasn't changed or there isn't an issue on their end such as a block? How long does it take to receive the "message deleted" error after sending this text? 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
sonyapotts64

It does it instantly.  It's doing it from my boyfriends phone too. I can call him, he can call me.  It just started on Friday.  It is sporadic though.  It did it earlier, but that last 10 messages did not.  I am wondering if it has something to do with his signal.  Our signal has been sucking since you started your drive to 5G.  We are barely 4G in our area, but now it is sometimes at Lte.

He also has a Samsung S7

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Interesting. What happens when you attempt to send a text message from the default app on your device?

0 Likes
Lordmarvin69

The message for deleted comes within minutes or less. I can receive texts from the same number as well as make and receive calls to this number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, do you know if the other user has any blocks or restrictions? What messaging application a you using?~Pam

0 Likes
Carnia2332

Did. You ever find a solution for this? 

0 Likes