Why does the Messaging App recipient switch from their cell phone number to their vzwpix email address by itself with no modification of the recipient by myself?
markp118

Why does the Messaging App recipient switch from their cell phone number to their vzwpix email address by itself with no modification of the recipient by myself?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does the Messaging App recipient switch from their cell phone number to their vzwpix email address by itself with no modification of the recipient by myself?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely help with this issue markp118.  What phone do you have and have you had any software updated recently?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @Vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Why does the Messaging App recipient switch from their cell phone number to their vzwpix email address by itself with no modification of the recipient by myself?
markp118

my device is a DROID RAZR M by Motorola and as far as I can tell the Android version currently running is 4.4.2

0 Likes
markp118

So I am still waiting to hear what your solution is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markp118,

Thanks for sharing those details. Is this something that just recently started happening? Does it happen with all messages (regular and picture messages)?
Is the messaging app you are referring to http://vz.to/1lE6tgE?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
markp118

The app sort of looks like that. It is the default text message app that is installed on the phone. it's the only text app i have ever used. this issue only happens with two recipients and now neither of them receives photos that I send them in messages

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markp118, thanks for these details. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when this issue happens? Try disabling Wi-Fi and connect to our wireless network when sending/recieving text messages. Additionally, it would also help to delete all unwanted messages to ensure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes