Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 3,956 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Why doesn't vzm messages plus allow me to send live messages
LASWAL51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unable to send live messages to non Verizon customers when using verizon message+. It keeps comingback as "failed to send".

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't vzm messages plus allow me to send live messages
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I assume by 'live message' you mean a text message. What make/model phone are you using?  Have you uninstalling/re-installing the app? Are those non-Verizon customers able to send you text messages?  How are you entering their number to send to, manually entering or from a contact entry?  Have you tried both?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
LASWAL51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Live messages is a new feature on Note 8 phones which is what I have.

LASWAL51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Live messages is different from a regular text message.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for clarifying this for us, LASWAL51. Let's continue working on this issue with the live messaging feature you are experiencing. Did this feature work with the Verizon Messages application before? Are you able to send the live message using the default application?

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LASWAL51
Enthusiast - Level 2

It works fine with the default Samsung messages but it always fails when I

try to send it with VZW message plus.

On Nov 19, 2017 3:52 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Not surprised the default Samsung Messages app works with the Samsung Live Message feature.  Also not surprised the Verizon Messages+ does not. Maybe they have not had their app developers collaborate to make them compatible.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for clarifying Laswal51. Live messages are not compatible with Verizon Messages +. We do have our way to create your gifs and draw a picture. If you would like to continue to use live messages on your note, then you need to change your default to the Samsung messages. I do hope this clears things up for you.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LASWAL51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok great. How do I do the gifts on Verizon messages plus? Will you have an

update to become compatible with live messages?

On Nov 21, 2017 4:06 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, Laswal51. There is no new information regarding an update at this time. However, you can follow this link for instructions on how to send/receive gifts through Messages+ : https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-138244/ .

0 Likes