Why doesnt message allow sending ics?
Motororays

For a few years now I have had to switch to Samsung messages so that I cam send my Google calendar events through text.  It converts the ics to vcf I believe but still why cant message+ do this? Worked fine on my note 3 but doesnt work on my note 5.  Any ideas or should I just ditch the default Verizon app for the Samsung app which also has it's issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesnt message allow sending ics?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, Motorays.

We want to make sure we look into his. Are you able to send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?

0 Likes
Re: Why doesnt message  allow sending ics?
Motororays

If I can figure out how I will.

0 Likes
Motororays

When I click share then ics (not text) it doesn't give me an option to use messages+ only the Samsung messages app.  If I tap text then it gives me messages+.  People like to receive the ics because then they can port it right into their Google calendar.

Ben

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Motororays

I replies to the email because there is no option on your forum to upload screenshots.  Apparently your email to me has false information when it says I cam just reply to email?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Motororays, we want you to get the most from our messaging service. What software version are you using? We can check by going to the application, then in the left-hand corner tap the menu button, scroll down, then tap on About.

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Motororays

Version of message+ is 6.4.39

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Motororays, thank you for those additional details. I'm confident that we'll be able to find the issue here. If you go into the Google Play Store, is there an update for the Messsages+ applications? If so, please update this applications and then re-try sending an event through your calendar. Please keep us posted of the outcome.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Motororays

Says I have the must up to date application.

0 Likes
Motororays

Sorry most up to date.  Basically no updates are available.

0 Likes