Why have I been getting texts from people that I don't know?
micah1414jones

It's been happening for the past few days, and it's very annoying. Changing my number is an option, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why have I been getting texts from people that I don't know?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

micah1414jones, it's never fun to receive unwanted text messages or calls. We want to help you keep your mobile number. What is the content of the text messages? Are the messages more spam or personal?

Follow link for more information on how to block unwanted messages and calls: http://vz.to/2jelo6F

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you being included in group texts, perhaps?  If you consider them spam texts, you could forward them to SPAM (7726) and respond to the reply text that you receive.  Or if you're using Verizon Messages, long-press the text and tap Report Spam.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

micah1414jones, it's never fun to receive unwanted text messages or calls. We want to help you keep your mobile number. What is the content of the text messages? Are the messages more spam or personal?

Follow link for more information on how to block unwanted messages and calls: http://vz.to/2jelo6F

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
micah1414jones

They're personal messages meant to be sent a woman named Marguerite. I'm guessing this "Marguerite" has been handing out the wrong number, which happened to be mine. They're honestly gross messages and they're disturbing. I've been texting all of them back that they have the wrong number and then blocking them. More keep showing up, and my phone also stopped putting unknown senders into the "Unknown Senders" folder. I checked settings, it's still turned on. I also shut my phone down and turned it back on in hopes that it might fix it. No luck.

0 Likes