Why is Messenger using up so much data all of a sudden?
kmisas

In about the last 30 days, messenger has increased my data usage exponentially - from an average usage of .05GB to now 1.5GMB.  I am not really doing anything different than I was before.  I had to buy more gigabytes so as to not go over my plan.  Was there an update that changed the usage?  Are there any settings that I can change to stop this?  This is really frustrating. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is Messenger using up so much data all of a sudden?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which application are you referring to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
krzykrl96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was the message + app using a ton more data now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to look into this more and make sure that these data sessions are correct, Krzykrl96. Have you been using the group texting feature lately? Is your Messages+ application synced to a computer or cloud service and constantly being updated? Have you verified that the application and your device are running the most current software update?

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
krzykrl96
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not been using group text anymore than previous months, maybe even

less. I don't believe it is synced to anything. And our phones recently

downloaded the new upgrade but it was using lots of data before that.

On Apr 26, 2017 10:33 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
kmisas

The software I am having issue with is Message + as well.  I don't use group texting hardly at all.  I have received the latest software update.  One of the settings was checked, continuously send location.  I unchecked that hoping it would help, but not sure if it will.  I would appreciate any help you can offer.

0 Likes