Why is Messenger using up so much data?
KGABBY

This is been going on since January I was on the phone with a Verizon representative yesterday it was the third or fourth representative that I spoken to over the last two billing Cycles when my messaging went from less than .5 GB to 2.2 to 4.2 to 4.6 GB over the last three billing Cycles causing overages or leading me to add 8 gigs of data to my plan when it's just me and I barely ever go over 5 they are still not acknowledging that the app is using this kind of data.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is Messenger using up so much data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sure I would also be concerned with higher than normal data usage from my messaging app. 

If you send pictures, videos, audio or media (5MB and larger in high resolution, that is the only function that will use data when these messages are sent over the cellular network. 

In other words, sending texts only with not media does not uses data. Sending pictures, video, audio or media that is smaller than 5MB also does not use data with the app. 

May we ask how you use the Message+ app? 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why is Messenger using up so much data?
KGABBY

Not true. Sometimes got turned on in message. A software update in March fixed this and Verizon knew about it the whole time. I called for a 5th time and called out the representative. People had been chatting about it for almost a year on Verizon community. I was given a cresic for all of my overages and plan changes to increase my plan....draw your own conclusions..I call scam

0 Likes