Why is my Verizon Messenger having difficulties sending text messages?
invertedsaint009

I'm having difficulties getting my Verizon Messenger+ to send text messages. It will say, "sending," and then a screen will basically say that it is have a problem sending the message and do I want to continue trying or cancel the message. I am having to restart my (brand new) HTC One M8 in order to get it to work, and that isn't even a sure fix. Is there something that I can do to rectify this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my Verizon Messenger  having difficulties sending text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get those messages flowing! Are you using the native text message application or the Verizon Messages application? Have you tried to delete the text message thread and try to send? Also does this happen with everyone you text? Can you receive messages?

Additionally, does this happen on WiFi or 3G/4G?

Share the additional details needed so that we can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why is my Verizon Messenger having difficulties sending text messages?
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

invertedsaint009,

II'm also using a new HTC One m8, using Verizon Messages as my texting app, and I haven't had any problems. In addition to LenaA's question I have a question for you. What do you have your phone set to in Settings -> Mobile data -> Preferred Network?

Some people have stated MMS sends faster when set to Global over the other options. Additionally others have said having Global set leads to less time that the phone is searching for signals. A person in Texas reported when set to LTE/CDMA his/her phone would search for a signal for up to 2 minutes when switching between towers, but when it was set to Global it took 10-15 seconds in those same areas.

On my old phone (a Samsung Stratosphere) it only had the LTE/CDMA, and CDMA options, and their would be times when my texts (and/or picture messages) didn't go out (staying in pending status), and times when it would say pending and actually have sent. With my new phone (a HTC One m8 set to Global) everything sends right away. I also find places were I encountered low signals, or slow connections with my old phone seem to be connected at 4G LTE, have stronger signal strength, and faster speeds with my new phone. While the phone itself, the texting app (default on the old phone, but Verizon Message on the new), and other things (Android version 2.x vs 4.4.2) may have been factors in the issues I believe the Global setting is a big reason why things run so smoothly and quickly now.

0 Likes
invertedsaint009

I have my phone set to global. I have noticed that is is extremely slow in

bad weather. Every other time it is ok.

On Aug 3, 2014 1:38 PM, "Android_Optimizer" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

invertedsaint009, we don't want bad weather to put a damper on wireless things. Let's speed it up! Have you powered your device off/on since having this speed issue? Which make/model phone do you have?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
invertedsaint009

I have to restart it whenever it happens. I have a new HTC One M8

On Aug 5, 2014 12:11 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi invertedsaint09
Thanks for replying. Lets delete all old messages.  Then change the preferred network to LTE/ CDMA and retest.

Thanks
JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Kimo56

I'm experiencing the same issue on both my Samsung Galaxy S5 and with the Windows Desktop App.

Both show "Sending" for a very long time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kimo56, we don't want this to be an issue for you too! Are both devices currently connected to Wi-Fi? If so, disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network. Additionally, we also recommend that you delete all unwanted text messages and power your device off/on to soft reset. Test the text message feature and keep us posted. We're here to help.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Kimo56

With all due respect, your response tells me you don't understand the issue or you don't understand the product you are trying to support.

The issue is with the desktop version of this app, running on a Windows PC. There is no ability to run the PC from anything other than a network connection, it cannot attach to the Verizon wireless system.

I'm a network engineer by profession and I suspect my desktop issue is a firewall, TCP or UDP port issue, but I can't locate any reference on the Verizon web site or the community to tell me what ports or protocol the Verizon Windows Desktop program needs open to work. If someone could tell me this, I could probably put a hole in my firewall to fix the issue.

If,you really want to help, please address the issue as it pertains to the Windows Desktop version of the Messenger app, not the smart device options.

Thank you,

James (removed)

<<Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes