Re: Why is this number 900080004101?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@JoelR_VZW vzw_customer_support If this issue is being investigated, why is it when we call 800-922-0204 they know nothing about it?  Do you have a ticket number that we can reference to when we call?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Joe Vallender wrote:

Do you have a ticket number that we can reference to when we call?

If they do, they can't post it on the forum due to the Terms of Service.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

The Terms of Service reference "trouble ticket repair numbers".  I take this to be physical location repair issues and not necessarily information issue tickets.  Maybe a reach for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DIAM2072-

We certainly want to get to the bottom of this issue. What make/model phone do you have? When did you first notice this was happening?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

how about looking at thread Who's this random number that shows up on my message usage details?

Maybe there's a trouble ticket opened on this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMUTL32, thanks so much for this information as it does seem a bit weird that you are receiving this number. Do you have any other messaging applications on your device, i.e. What's App?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAMUTL32
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, just the stock messaging app on a Nexus 6P. Stock Android.

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 11:36 AM, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMUTL32, thank you for your patience and for working with us. I know that this issue has been a concern for everyone in the community. Do not worry we will continue looking into this for everyone. I am sending your a direct message so that we can take a closer look at this for you.    

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rdmauldinjr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same issue with my wife's and daughter's phones sending duplicate texts to 900080004101.  Both phones are on my account, my phone was not having the issue.  My wife was using Verizon Message+, daughter was not.  I went into my wife's phone and deactivated Verizon Message+ and the duplicate texts stopped on both phone numbers.  The duplicate texts were showing on my logs prior to deactivating Verizon Message+, now they are not.

0 Likes