Why isn't verizon messages showing a WINDOWS verison?
cgmendla
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I go to the verizon messages browser version on my windows desktop, I see icons for getting the app including the desktop app .  

BUT - when I click on the desktop icon, I only see options for android, IOS and MAC.. 

NO OPTION FOR A WINDOWS VERSION 

If I go to the Windows app store, it says that the app is no longer available

You HAVE To be kidding me. A company that is in the messaging business does not have a viable desktop messaging app for windows?    

How do I get desktop messaging with Windows 10? 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/verizon-messages/9wzdncrdcsnz?activetab=pivot:overviewtabverizon-messaging-6.jpgverizon-messaging-5.jpg

Re: Why isn't verizon messages showing a WINDOWS verison?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help. Are you able to use the application on an alternate device?

JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
sdubois216
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact question.  I have a Windows 10 PC and like the previous post, part of your site says you have it, but when you click the link, it doesn't offer it.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@sdubois216 wrote:

I have the exact question.  I have a Windows 10 PC and like the previous post, part of your site says you have it, but when you click the link, it doesn't offer it.

The Windows 10 Message+ app was removed from the Windows Store due to sync'ing issues with multiple devices.  As far as we know, it hasn't been resolved and there have been no updates from Customer Services/Technical Support.  Here is a link to Message+ v1.0.17.0 for Windows 10   https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to provide clarify regarding he options available for the application is a must. The Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. Please use the messaging web client as a windows alternative using the steps in the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-54302/.  GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
bandguy54

I've used it forever on a Windows 10 computer.  I especially need it now that I am working from home.  Mine was working fine and except it always showed 2 new messages, when there weren't any, so I uninstalled it just to clear that up and then I go to reinstall and it's no longer available.  I'm not at all happy right now, and on the same day I get an email from Verizon saying my bill is going up for my cloud service.  Get your act together Verizon. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@bandguy54 wrote:

I've used it forever on a Windows 10 computer.  I especially need it now that I am working from home.  Mine was working fine and except it always showed 2 new messages, when there weren't any, so I uninstalled it just to clear that up and then I go to reinstall and it's no longer available.  I'm not at all happy right now, and on the same day I get an email from Verizon saying my bill is going up for my cloud service.  Get your act together Verizon. 

Here is a link to a saved copy of the v1.0.17.0 Win10 desktop app:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/biatyb1m6egwx1t/Win10%20Message%2B%20v1.0.17.0.exe?dl=0

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your feedback bandguy54. We will lift this up to management. Your feedback is important and we appreciate that you have provided it.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
BQX78ZPNH

Blah Blah Blah...just another reason I will get ride of Verizon as soon as another option is available (or perhaps sooner since my Cellphone reception terrible anyway).  At least the desktop version works most of the time and YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO LOG IN EVERY TIME! You people are the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BQX78ZPNH,

We don't like seeing any customers leave the Verizon family. We'd be happy to assist you further with your concerns with Verizon Messages as well as your service with us. To begin, what's the make and model of the phone you're using with us? What service issues are you experiencing exactly? What happens with your quality of service when you're in different locations with the device? 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes