Why, when I dial #3282, do I have to then browse to a web page?
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Feature" request to Verizon:

I'm on a work network with pretty severe browsing restrictions.  Why, when I dial VZW's #3282 to get my data usage, and you send me a text, can you not just give me my usage in that text ?  You give me a link, instead, and I cannot see clearly the data used/remaining without clicking a link that my work network blocks.

Just put the information in the text, please!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why, when I dial #3282, do I have to then browse to a web page?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I dial #DATA, or #3282, the recorded message gives me the data information, and the text I receive also contains the data information.  There is no link in the text, just the info. 

Just out of curiousity, what happens when you dial *611?  Are you connected to the phone tree?  Or are you taken to the MyVerizon app?  It may or may not be related:  *611 On Screen FAQs | Verizon Wireless

And just an FYI - I tried to check my settings via the app, and could not find the 611 options under my Profile settings, or anywhere else for that matter.  And the verizonwireless.com site appears to be down temporarily when I tried to log in to check my profile settings there.  :::sigh::: 

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

EmK

It's important that you're able to easily monitor your device's voice and data usage at all times. I would love to help you with monitoring your data usage using your wireless device.

You mentioned concerns about accessing a web browser on your device after dialing #3282 (#DATA) to check your data usage. Data usage information is sent via one of the following methods based on your plan and device capabilities:

•A push notification of the Verizon mobile app

•Handset Integration - available on certain Android devices directly launching My Verizon Mobile (MVM) to the desired content

•Text message

However, the automated (IVR) also reads off data usage when you stay on the line during the #3282 call. What model device do you have and what plan are you currently on?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

>.What model device do you have and what plan are you currently on?

I'm on an iPhone SE and ... well, a Family Plan with 10GB data.  Not sure what the plan is called, anymore...

I redialed the #3282 today, and got a totally different text message in response, containing no link, and all my usage days.  Not sure what happened yesterday!

Thanks

0 Likes
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting -- and I saved a screen shot this time, but I dialed #3282 again and did NOT get the "good" return message, containing my info.  I got the one that only has a link, and that requires that I open Safari on my phone to see how much data I have left in the month.

Why is this NOT consistent?

0 Likes
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

This problem continues.  I tried to check my data using #3282 the other day, and again got a return text message containing a link, and not containing any actual usage data.  If I do this, I just want a text showing me my usage -- I don't want to have to click the link and open Safari.  I'm trying to CONSERVE data usage, not use it!

I can send screen shots, if you need them, but please investigate why the resulting responses to #3282 vary, and let me know how to get my data usage numbers in a text in response to dialing #3282.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this issue is becoming frustrating EmK. We want you to be able to check data with no issues. Screen shots would definitely work to help us further understand your issue. Have you reviewed this issue at a store location? They may be able to investigate the issue if their able to see it.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had an unpleasant experience at my local store, so I don't go there unless I have to.  Screen shot is attached.  First message from 10/27 is what I expect to see (actual info), 2nd message ("today") is what I get every time I try lately.IMG001.jpg

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered using the MyVerizon data widget, that gives you a quick sum of remaining data on the homescreen, and more details when you tap it?

0 Likes
EmK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please review the screen shot I posted.  I still have this problem, except that I now USUALLY get the link and not the info I'm actually requesting.

0 Likes