Why would certain text messages from one phone number not appear in the text log online?
JOSKNI88

In the past couple weeks of texting my wife there's been hundreds of text messages that do not appear on the text log online. I know for a fact there was text sent and received because I have them on my phone. I'm talking hundreds of messages. At first I thought maybe I was texting her while she was at home and it was being sent across wifi but thats not the case. I'm using my work cell which is verizon and she has s7 on our personal plan. both using verizon messaging app. Now what's odd Is that the messages that are missing from the online log, when I go to any of the messages on my phone that are missing from online log and click show details of a specific text, it's shows that she's sending them to my work cell and her own number?? Also it doesn't say they're being sent from a phone like all the other messages that show in online log. Also, theirs a message ID number showing in the details for all the ones that are missing too. I thought that had somethjng to do with emailing but not sure? And help would be appreciated. thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why would certain text messages from one phone number not appear in the text log online?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSKNI88, we always want our customers' usage logs to be correct. We certainly want to help take a look into this for you. However, this is a situation where we need to take a look at the phone itself.

It would be best to visit one of our corporate store locations, so a technician can review your phone and account at the same time. Here is a link to help you locate the closest store to you http://vz.to/2lVFbJd

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why would certain text messages from one phone number not appear in the text log online?
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been having this same issue for weeks since the 6.4 updates... it's always one person (my mom) who also has Verizon. When I look at the text details the non-synced messages have a really long MsgID, while ones that sync have a shorter MsgID. And yes, the text appears to go to both parties. Sometimes these are noted as "Chat" text messages even though I have turned off Chat in Message+. (What I mean by "Sync" is if I open the Samsung Message app on my phone the messages don't show up. They only show up in Message+. I assume this is the same issue as you since they are not going through as normal text messages). Annoying, and I worry about missed messages.

0 Likes
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any solutions available other than going to the store?

0 Likes
JOSKNI88

Here's the more in depth details about my situation. Me and the old lady had been going thru a bad situation. It seemed like everytime texts were beginning to get bad, that's when the messages would show she copying her own number in the sent status. And there also the ones missing from the bill log. And also have the long message id#'s. I figured she was somehow saving or copying the texts to a email or backing them up to use them later on me. Don't know if that helps at all but just some more insight.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DD88893, I know the importance of ensuring that your calls/text logs are showing accurately. What is the make/model of your phone? What is the make/model of her phone? May I have the zip code where you are having these concerns? Have you downloaded any new applications to the device recently?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DD88893
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a samsung S7, she has a S6. I'm in TX and she's in CA. This issue

his been ongoing since the 6.4 updates to Message+. I've posted other

things on here about how I set to chats to off but I keep getting chats and

no one has offered a solution.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 3:40 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSKNI88,

Thank you for those additional details. I certainly understand how important it is that your messaging concern is resolved. Let's keep going. What steps have you tried? What make/model device are you using?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes