Win10 M+ desktop app contacts access solved
jav6
Champion - Level 3

The issue of the Win10 M+ desktop app v3.0.1 access to Contacts has been solved for me.  I did some research on updating contacts on Windows 10 and found that the default People app on Win10 needed a new account pointing to my Google mail account.  I'm not sure exactly why, but after adding this new account and restarting Message+,  the desktop app no longer shows ONLY numbers, but now my contact names. Woohoo!   It still doesn't show the contact pictures as shown on my phone AND in the Win10 People app, but what the heck.  That's another problem for another day.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Win10 M+ desktop app contacts access solved
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jUstcAllmEdOc wrote:

Does anyone have the link for the VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1. I recently had to change my hard drive and can't find it anywhere.

ty

The VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1 WAS available by downloading from the Microsoft Store, at least until 4/4/2022.  I received a text message that it was removed on that date.  Not sure if everybody received that text message or if I received it because I had opened tickets with the Verizon Messaging Team. 

"VZW Free Msg: NOTICE: Verizon Messages Windows Desktop client feature is no longer available for new downloads. You can still continue to use this feature on your desktop but no new updates and bug fixes will be available from 4/4/2022. As an alternative you can use Verizon Messages Webclient to send and receive messages from your desktop computer. More information: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-94861/"

Marking this thread as ANSWERED as apparently NO NEW UPDATES AND BUG FIXES will be made for the desktop app.  The contact's access has stopped working again and I've given up trying to figure it out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
COLTonyCox
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW.  Like many, I've been using Message+ on Android phone and Win10 for a number of years -- not a great app (three stars?).   One of the issues with Message+ was it's unintuitive ways to access things.  Then I was forced -- literally quit working -- to upgrade my desktop (Win10) version.  The new version is slightly more intuitive ["slightly," as in, "we didn't really learn or do very much over the past 3-4 years"], but does not import names from the old Message+ app on upgrade...  I recognize that the programmers probably wanted to better integrate their standalone contact list with Outlook or Google contacts, etc. [great idea!], but shouldn't that be an option on upgrade?  It feels like this app (and upgrade routines) was done by some junior high school programmers...  I've probably lost 200+ links between phone numbers and names; most of my holidays will be spent going message by message and trying to figure out who the mystery number is based on past conversations.  I had other plans for the holidays...

jUstcAllmEdOc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone have the link for the VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1. I recently had to change my hard drive and can't find it anywhere.

ty

letti001
Contributor - Level 1

I had given up. Using Your Phone instead of Message+

Although I went ahead and added the People Account as suggested. It seems all the names have showed up.

I do not get push notification all the time however.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Marking this thread as answered for testing.

After marking 'Correct Answer' by selecting the 'Correct Answer' button/selection, you can reverse it by clicking on the 'three lines' upper right and select 'Not The Solution' if you are the Original Poster.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jUstcAllmEdOc wrote:

ty

The VZM Desktop M+ version 3.0.1 WAS available by downloading from the Microsoft Store, at least until 4/4/2022.  I received a text message that it was removed on that date.  Not sure if everybody received that text message or if I received it because I had opened tickets with the Verizon Messaging Team. 

"VZW Free Msg: NOTICE: Verizon Messages Windows Desktop client feature is no longer available for new downloads. You can still continue to use this feature on your desktop but no new updates and bug fixes will be available from 4/4/2022. As an alternative you can use Verizon Messages Webclient to send and receive messages from your desktop computer. More information: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-94861/"

Marking this thread as ANSWERED as apparently NO NEW UPDATES AND BUG FIXES will be made for the desktop app.  The contact's access has stopped working again and I've given up trying to figure it out.

0 Likes
csctech
0 Likes
csctech

to link to it it will not show up in the store you have to go to the library you can find it there and also pin it from there 

0 Likes